Do you have any of the top 10 most wishlisted Steam games on your own wishlist?

Lauren Morton

Staff member

Hey PC gamers, welcome back to the chat log. This week Mollie and I pulled Robin Valentine on to talk about the top 10 wishlisted games on steam right now and what it say about PC gaming as a whole. Steam isn't the only storefront of course, but what players have on their wishlist on Steam tells us some things about how our collective tastes have changed (or haven't) and what kinds of games get on the list sometimes tells us something about how games are marketed online. You can find Steam's list of top wishlisted games or get the same info with a bit more filtering through SteamDB.

Do you have any of the top wishlisted games on your own wishlist on Steam?​

We talked a bit this week about how the three of us all use our wishlists a little differently as do our team members and our friends. Do you chuck games on your wishlist any time you feel sort of curious about them or is that reserved for things you really want to buy? Do you have more unreleased games on your list or things that have already launched? And are you surprised by other games and where they're currently placed in the full list of top 100 games?

Here's the top 10 as it stood while we were talking, which I believe hasn't shifted too much from what the list looks like currently.
  1. Black Myth: Wukong
  2. Hollow Knight: Silksong
  3. Frostpunk 2
  4. Monster Hunter Wilds
  5. ARK 2
  6. Warhammer 40,000: Space Marines 2
  7. Unrecord
  8. Dune: Awakening
  9. Blight: Survival
  10. Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2

Space Marine 2 and Frostpunk 2 for me.

I liked Hollow Knight quite a bit but never finished it, and I dont really feel like playing more of it. Out of the others I was into Bloodlines 2 until all of the chaos around it, I dont care about survival games, and although I feel like I would like Monster Hunter gameplay wise the aesthetic kind of turned me off so I didnt stick with it. I also dislike grinding for random chance drops, and I hear theres a lot of that.

I know most of the other games by name, but dont know enough about them to wishlist or not yet.

Reactions: Brian Boru and Alm

Do you have any of the top wishlisted games on your own wishlist on Steam?​

I got Hollow Night: Silksong, Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 & Dune: Awakening.
Do you chuck games on your wishlist any time you feel sort of curious about them or is that reserved for things you really want to buy?
I mostly chuck games on there if I am slightly curious about it. Some are reserved for games I most likely will buy, but those are fewer in between.
Do you have more unreleased games on your list or things that have already launched?
The Last Night, Kingdom of Night, Nivalis, S.T.A.L.K.E.R 2, POE2, Delta Force: Hawk Ops, Antsream Arcade, Star Rupture + hundreds of games already launched.
And are you surprised by other games and where they're currently placed in the full list of top 100 games?
I'm surprised that POE 2, and Delta Force: Hawk Ops are not higher on the list.
None of that list, but I do have current #4:
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2: Heart of Chornobyl
I just read it got delayed to November because of polishing.

Reactions: Brian Boru
Do you chuck games on your wishlist any time you feel sort of curious about them or is that reserved for things you really want to buy?

I used to chuck, but WL became too unwieldy once it got over ~150, so now it's down to 41 I'm seriously interested in.

I now 'Follow' chuck candidates.

Do you have more unreleased games on your list or things that have already launched?

Oh definitely more released games, where reviews, videos, patches and maybe demos strongly suggest a worthwhile investment of my time.
36 released, plus these 5 unreleased:
D.O.R.F. Real-Time Strategic Conflict
LOK Digital
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2: Heart of Chornobyl
Sid Meier's Civilization® VII
Tempest Rising

I just read it got delayed to November because of polishing

Good to hear quality being given a high priority—I guess publishing their own game allows that.

Reactions: Frindis and Alm

Zloth

Community Contributor
Something strange is going on with this list. People tend to leave games on their wish list, right? Quite a few people leave games on their list for a year or two to wait for a good sale, too, I think. I scrolled all the way down to friggin' Pigeon Simulator - several hundred down. So, how is Dragon's Dogma 2 not on the list? No Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth, either.

I'm sure plenty of people buy the game which removes it from the list, but plenty of people won't, either, but I see nothing on the list that released in March, April, May, or June. I bet they are taking them off this list.

My list:
  • I thought I had Wukong (and Civ 7) on my wish list but didn't! Fixed.
  • Light no Fire is on my list
  • Vampire: The Masquerade® - Bloodlines™ 2 has been on my list for ages. I'm getting pretty dubious about it but the first game was so incredible, I'll need solid evidence before I pull it off my list.
I'm a heavy user of my wish list. When we have a big Steam sale, I go through my wish list to figure out what to buy, what to toss off the list, and what to keep an eye on.

Games too low on the list: Judas! PEOPLE!! We're talking about another System/Bio Shock! It's down somewhere near #100!?

P.S. I could swear there was an article about too many :'s a decade or two ago.

P.P.S. @Lauren Morton - Squirrel with a Gun showed up on my queue over the Steam queue!