Did Bios Flashback CPU light is still on PLEASE HELP

Sep 10, 2022
Visit site
I recently did a Flash bios after doing a quick CMOS reset, Unfortunately after the bios finished my CPU light is still stuck on white. Is there any suggestions or tips? I'm pretty much stuck at this point and feel I have tried all troubleshooting steps. My components are in the link below.
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/FTd9yK

Sep 10, 2022
Visit site
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Did you flash the BIOS using the suggestions made in your motherboard manual;
page 46? Use a thumb drive that has an LED on it to indicate when the drive is in use.
Yes I've tried both the most recent and 2nd recent bios update on the flashback both unfortunately did not work and I'm also using a thumbdrive that has no LED.

Sep 10, 2022
Visit site
I'm also using a thumbdrive that has no LED.
How did you come to the conclusion that the BIOS update process was successful(with the BIOS versions you'd worked with)?
I'm under the assumption it failed because once the BIOS completes the PC shuts off and turns back on as well as the CPU light turns back on and still nothing appears on the monitor. Is there any other steps I should take?

Sep 10, 2022
Visit site
Do you have your display connected directly to the GPU or to one of the video ports on your motherboard back panel? It should be attached directly to the GPU.
Directly to the GPU, I made that mistake in the beginning as well. I have yet to take off the cpu cooler and check the pins but I know for sure it fell in place the only part im worried is I had to remove the cpu cooler once off to rearrange but the cpu still was in its socket.

COLGeek

Directly to the GPU, I made that mistake in the beginning as well. I have yet to take off the cpu cooler and check the pins but I know for sure it fell in place the only part im worried is I had to remove the cpu cooler once off to rearrange but the cpu still was in its socket.
The CPU should remain in the socket when you remove the heatsink/cooler. You know that, right?

Sep 10, 2022
Visit site
The CPU should remain in the socket when you remove the heatsink/cooler. You know that, right?
Yes lol I meant to say I was scared that tugging on the cpu cooler could have damaged the pins even if it was in the socket. The rgb on the case turns on, fans are running and CPU light still is white I'm still lost and very new to building overall.

Reactions: Brian Boru
Sep 10, 2022
Visit site
Do you have both the 24-pin and 8-pin power connectors, from the PSU to the motherboard, firmly attached on both ends?
Just tried reconnecting the cables to make sure they are firm, I had the cpu cables connected to the CPU 2 it was on the top previously so I moved those down next to the 24pin connector to CPU 1 but still no changes the white light came back on

TRENDING THREADS