Question Desktop BSOD still have audio for a few

Apr 12, 2022
Visit site
Been having this issue ever since my 3090 decided to give up on life after 13months. Got a new one via RMA and been having problems ever since. I wish I could figure out how to post a picture on here to show you what my screens do when ever it crashes completely. Screen will freeze but I can still hear the audio and talk to people in discord briefly before it black screens but the image is bled through still. I have to hit the power button on top of tower and it boots like normal. I'm at a loss. I took it to get a diagnosis and everything came back good except my iGPU on i7-10700k was dead. Which I've never ran at all. If there's a discord I can join please let me know or if I figure out how to upload an image of what my screen looks like I will.
Thank you

Stats
Motherboard: ASUS Z-490P
DDR4 Corsair vengeance pro 2x8gb 3200mhz RAM
CPU: i7-10700k
GPU: Evga Ftw3 ultra 3090
2 NVMe 970pro and 980 pro
Boot drive a 480gb 2.5 (nothing else on there but windows)

Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

1. Open Windows File Explore
  2. Navigate to C:\Windows\Minidump
  3. Copy the mini-dump files out onto your Desktop
  4. Do not use Winzip, use the built in facility in Windows
  5. Select those files on your Desktop, right click them and choose 'Send to' - Compressed (zipped) folder
  6. Upload the zip file to the Cloud (OneDrive, DropBox . . . etc.)
  7. Then post a link here to the zip file, so we can take a look for you . . .

TRENDING THREADS