Dell Latitude E6400 blue screen of death. Help.

Feb 18, 2024
Visit site
Ok a long time ago mom got 2 free laptops from the school she used to work at. Guess what she threw 1 out. I was angry. So I got a Dell Latitude E6400. One day ot booted up and went to a blue screen. Nothing else just a blue screen. Just like in this YouTube video. I have watch some pc repairs videos. To many to count. What could be causing the problem and how would I fix it I am stumped?

5zY3ZZz.jpg

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEQZk1gNj10&loop=0

So its not an error screen? Windows have Blue Screens of Death but they will show text on them, video doesn't seem to show that.

I wonder if its got a drive in it.

have you tried pressing F2 at start? might get you into the bios holding it down before you start PC can work too.

• Love
Reactions: RSV.
Feb 18, 2024
Visit site
So its not an error screen? Windows have Blue Screens of Death but they will show text on them, video doesn't seem to show that.

I wonder if its got a drive in it.

have you tried pressing F2 at start? might get you into the bios holding it down before you start PC can work too.
Might get more info at

PS if you're able to take it apart, could it be the cable connecting graphics system to screen has come loose?
I will take it apart and see. I am stumped. It is doing what the computer in the video is doing. A blue screen and nothing else.