Nov 6, 2020
Visit site
Hey everyone,

This is my first post and I haven’t found what I’m looking for using the search. I have some old PCs laying around I’m thinking of turning one into a dedicated streaming pc using a capture card. I don’t plan on recording and streaming at the same time only one or the other. Will an i5 4570s handle 1080/60 streaming? I will be streaming from my Xbox one x mainly until my gaming pc is finished. Any input is appreciated. Thanks in advance

Reactions: JSimenhoff

JSimenhoff

Community Manager
Nov 25, 2019
Visit site
I would recommend a more modern CPU as they are much better equipped for encoding. AMD Ryzen CPUs generally have better encoding and multithread performance per dollar, so you might want to think about picking up a Ryzen 5 or Ryzen 7 CPU with 6-8 cores. You'll also want a modern GPU, either a 1060, 2060, or the equivalent from AMD.

Good luck and happy streaming!

Nov 6, 2020
Visit site
I was thinking if I was to buy something I’d would probably go with a ryzen 3700x. The motherboard would probably need replacing anyway as it’s probably 15 years old, and I didn’t know if it would be worth the time to even use. Would I need anything more than basic gpu? I don’t plan on running any games on this pc, but would be nice to do some editing on the same computer the recordings are on. So maybe a mid range gpu? I appreciate your help!

Reactions: JSimenhoff

JSimenhoff

Community Manager
Nov 25, 2019
Visit site
If you wanted to save you could pick up a GTX 1060. It's a pretty old GPU at this point, so I'm sure you could find a deal somewhere. Otherwise I would opt for a GTX 2060 or the 2060 Super. The Super places in the top 10% in terms of performance, and actually beats out other professional cards like the Quadro RTX 3000 in certain benchmarks.

TRENDING THREADS