CPU led lit

Nov 10, 2022
Visit site
Hello everyone, I recently built my own computer less than 3 weeks ago and I noticed something weird about how my computer functions. My motherboard (MSI BAZOOKA 660M) displays a red light right next to the CPU thing whenever I put my computer on sleep mode and unsleep it. The computer works perfectly fine overall except that sometimes it will literally restart in the middle of a gaming session when I press alt tab too many times or when the game loads heavy stuff. My current hardware is : i5 12400F / RTX 3060 TI (MSI) and I have 32gb of ram DDR4. My alim is a 650W gold+ and I also have a 2 TO of SSD. I checked every single drivers & updated everything and it still does this problem.
I also checked in window's event viewer and it tells me Kernel-Power ID 41. There's also a number next to it which is 63.
I thought that maybe my alim wasn't enough but it should be..
If anyone has an explanation I would be grateful.
Best regards,
Kalzaki.

Reactions: Brian Boru
Hi

I dont know how to walk you through doing it, as I don't have any experience with newer Intel stuff, but have you tried disabling C states? They are low power modes your CPU switches to when not under heavy loads, I've had them cause my computer to freeze/crash on wake up before. You'd have to find it in BIOS your motherboard should say where in the manual.

Also is all of your RAM from the exact same kit bought at the same time? is it 4x8 or 2x16?

Reactions: Brian Boru
Nov 10, 2022
Visit site
Hi

I dont know how to walk you through doing it, as I don't have any experience with newer Intel stuff, but have you tried disabling C states? They are low power modes your CPU switches to when not under heavy loads, I've had them cause my computer to freeze/crash on wake up before. You'd have to find it in BIOS your motherboard should say where in the manual.

Also is all of your RAM from the exact same kit bought at the same time? is it 4x8 or 2x16?
Hey, first of all thanks for the answer, I am currently using this ram : https://www.amazon.fr/dp/B07ZPLM1R1?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details
I will try to disable it and comeback to you once it's done!

Reactions: Kaamos_Llama

TRENDING THREADS