Could we get a chatbox?

Jan 14, 2020
Visit site
One of my favorite parts of the old VBulletin forums I was on was the chatbox at the top of the site. It was nice for quick convos between members. Maybe bridge it with IRC/Discord so it's more active than a standalone chat?

Reactions: Apollo

JSimenhoff

Community Manager
Nov 25, 2019
Visit site
This is a great recommendation and we actually considered it in the past. The team mulled it over for a while and came to the conclusion that a chat box goes against the spirit of the forums, which is to allow our users and readers a medium to discuss games at a thoughtful pace.

We don't have any plans for a chat box at this time, but it's still early days. Looking to the future we would like better integration with Steam and Discord. We'll of course keep you posted on any feature developments.

Reactions: Lutfij and Apollo
I agree that a chat box takes away from the point of the forum. I like forums because I can come back after time away and easily catch up with threads, having a chat box would mean less people would use the forum for discussion. If you would like a chat functionality, just join the discord.

Reactions: JSimenhoff

JSimenhoff

Community Manager
Nov 25, 2019
Visit site
This, so I don't have to make a whole new reply just to say something like "Thanks"
This is kinda what I use the like button for:

Oz9p5uL.png