Question Copilot PCs not great for Games

Think 3 times before spending an Arm and a leg on a Copilot PC if you want to game on it. Since they don't use Intel or AMD x86 CPUs, there's a considerable RISC that software won't work, or not work as well as on x86 PCs.

Works on Windows on Arm

Check out the compatibility lists on the WoWoA site to find out if you can expect wow or woe—to get you off to a cheerful start, here's the ~300 which are currently in the Unplayable category.

"it’s not usually the video games themselves that are incompatible with the Arm instruction set. It’s the “anti-cheat” software" according to Brian Livingston of AskWoody.com in their paid newsletter.

x86 coming end of 2024

Says Microsoft.

ETA:

Games which currently Fail

According to WorksonWoA, the programs that totally fail — with estimates by various sources of the economic scale of some of the gaming giants — are:

Armored Core VI: Fires of Rubicon.

Destiny 2.
The 16th most popular PC game, rated by monthly active users (MAU)

Diablo Immortal. The 10th most popular PC game, based on MAU

DiRT 5

Fortnite.
This was the top revenue-generating game in the US in the 2nd quarter of 2024. Ranked by MAU, it’s the 3rd most popular game in the world. (See Figure 1.)

Freeways

Ghost of Tsushima

Hogwarts Legacy

Horizon Forbidden West

League of Legends.
The 6th most popular PC game, based on MAU (See Figure 2)

Metro Exodus Enhanced Edition

Monster Hunter World

Naraka: Bladepoint

NBA 2K23 and 2K24

Persona 4 Golden and 5 Royal

PUBG: BATTLEGROUNDS

The First Descendant

VALORANT.
The 9th most popular PC game, based on MAU

War Thunder

Yakuza 5

Zenless Zone Zero (CN Server)

Reactions: neogunhero
They are all laptops anyway so pass.

I don't want to buy landfill. I also don't care about co pilot... if anything its a good reason not to buy one. Desktop CPU don't have NPU so many of its "features" won't work there unless Microsoft leverage power of GPU to do it.

No desktop CPU is planned to get it either so I can continue to ignore it.

Reactions: Brian Boru

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts