Question Coop/Multiplayer

Feb 13, 2024
Visit site
I would like to collect some RPG-Games with Multiplayer/Coop-Modus.
Any tips?

Some examples:
RPG-Shooter
Fallout 76
Mass Effect 2
Remnant From THe Ashes/Remnant 2
Warhammer 40.000: Darktide
Warhammer: Vermintide 2

CRPG
Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire
Dragon Age Inquisition
ICEWIND DALE 1
Neverwinter Nights
The Book Of Heros
Divinity Original Sin 2
Baldur’s Gate 3
Wartales
Wasteland 3

Welcome to the forum :)

I don't know anything about RPGs, but apparently these have co-op or multi:

Baldur's Gate II: Shadows Of Amn
Baldur’s Gate 3
Borderlands 2
Cassette Beasts
Cat Quest 2
Dark Souls
Darksiders Genesis
Dead Island 2
Diablo 2: Resurrected
Diablo 4
Diablo II: Lord of Destruction
Diablo III
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Dragon Age: Inquisition
Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara
Guild Wars 2
Dying Light
Elden Ring
For The King
Gauntlet
Genshin Impact
Grim Dawn
Magicka
Minecraft
Monster Hunter Rise
Monster Hunter: World
Mount & Blade: Warband
Nioh
Outward
Path of Exile
Phantasy Star Online
Pit People
Quest Hunter
Stardew Valley
Tales of Berseria
Terraria
The Ascent
Tom Clancy's The Division
Torchlight 2
Trine 5: A Clockwork Conspiracy
Two Worlds II
Victor Vran
Warframe
Wasteland 3

Feb 13, 2024
Visit site
Well, there's the whole MMORPG genre...

Mass Effect 2 doesn't have multiplayer. 3 might have?

Are you just trying to find a list of RPGs with any sort of multiplayer mode, or are you after some particular kind?
I'm looking for rpg with multiplaye-modus in the style of the ones above.
I like a a good story, complex character-progression, tactical battle.
CRPGs, RPG-Shooter

What i don't like is hack and slay (grinding instead of story),
Games where i have to handle attack/block as combo-attacks as most Action-RPGs, that's not my kind of gameing/handling. Which is sad because stuff like The Witcher for example doesn*t suit to my playstil, but is a great game.

In the best case all this point come together in one game, but that is not a must.
I know this is a relative specific search.

Reactions: Brian Boru

Zloth

Community Contributor
I know this is a relative specific search.
That helps quite a bit, really.

The whole Borderlands series would work, as an RPG shooter type game. Handsom Jack from Borderlands 2 was one of the best villains I've ever run into.

The older Baldur's Gate titles do have multiplayer, though I don't think I've heard about anyone using it. The Neverwinter Night games Bioware made after Baldur's Gate 2 do as well. I would research them to make sure the multiplayer is actually fun (and works) before diving into them. They're old games but it doesn't really hurt CRPGs as much as some other game styles.

Solasta is more recent and has online co-op. I haven't played that co-op, either, but I finished the game just a few months ago and liked it a lot. The rules are similar to Baldur's Gate 3's rules, though not exactly the same.

Honorable mention:
Dragon's Dogma could give you some indirect multiplayer. Your companions, called pawns, are actually created by other players. You make one pawn yourself that plays alongside you the whole time. When you log out, you can tell your pawn to play with other people. I think (again, you'll have to do some research to confirm) that the game gives preference to pawns from people that are your Steam friends. If you've got a friend that often isn't online at the same time as you, the game will let you kinda-sorta pretend to play with each other.

@Brian Boru has a good list of games to look at, be aware though some are what I call semi coop.
Not truly coop through the whole game, but you can get help at certain points. Dark Souls/Elden Ring series is a great example of that.

I'd also add in Dead Island series, Deep Rock, Warhammer Vermintide 2 and Darktide.
Deep Rock, Vermintide 2 and Darktide are less about story and more get from point A to B type of games while completing goals on the levels usually. Dead Island is a coop story that you can play with your friends. So if ya want more of a story Dead Island. Want to just frag stuff and not have to worry about a story then pick the other 3.

Reactions: Brian Boru

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts