connections of monitors

If you mean the connector ports, you may be able to find plastic covers for them online, or you could use black electrical tape to hide them.

If you mean cable management, there’s lot of options on what you can use and it also depends on your personal preference and desk setup. I personally don’t mind the sight of cables, however I do keep them tidy. I use Velcro strips that can wrap around a bundle of cables and stick to itself which makes it easy to remove if I ever need to mess with the cables. Other people use zip ties or bread bag ties. Zip ties will make it harder to access the cables so you have to be careful cutting a zip tie that’s holding a bunch of cables.

When it comes to actually hiding them, you can use hooks to hold them up under your desk, either by screwing the hooks into the desk or buying hooks with sticky pads. There are also plastic cord covers that can lay on the floor, sit flush in the corner of where the floor and wall meets, or even run them up and down the walls like you may see in classrooms.

Hopefully I’ve given you some ideas on what you want to do. Like I said it’s entirely your preference if you just want to clean up your cables vs totally hiding them, and your set up area and desk may prevent/allow you to certain things.

• Love
Reactions: Brian Boru
Mar 28, 2024
Visit site
Dziękuję za odpowiedź, nie o to mi chodzi. Mam trzy monitory, każdy z nich ma czarną ramkę około 1 cm. Gdy stoją obok siebie od ramki zostaje 1 cm czarnego plastiku. Widziałem jakiś plastik lub inny materiał, który można przykleić do ramek i który odbija światło z monitora i nie widać łączenia, to iluzja.

[Mod edit: translated below.]

Thank you for the answer, that's not what I mean. I have three monitors, each of them has a black frame about 1 cm. When they stand next to each other, 1 cm of black plastic remains from the frame. I saw some plastic or other material that can be glued to the frames and that reflects light from the monitor and you can't see the connection, it's an illusion.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: neogunhero
Dziękuję za odpowiedź, nie o to mi chodzi. Mam trzy monitory, każdy z nich ma czarną ramkę około 1 cm. Gdy stoją obok siebie od ramki zostaje 1 cm czarnego plastiku. Widziałem jakiś plastik lub inny materiał, który można przykleić do ramek i który odbija światło z monitora i nie widać łączenia, to iluzja.
Understood. From my research, those devices that reflect the light back seem to be your best option. There doesn’t seem to be any way to fix the bezel problem, unless you buy new monitors or void your warranty and cut the plastic off, but that may not give the results you want. I hope you can find a solution to your problem!

Reactions: Brian Boru and Alm
I use 2 monitors, and what makes the join 'disappear' is that I have 2 vertical apps on the side of each screen. Vertical Taskbar on the left side of the right monitor, and vertical gadget bar on the right side of the left monitor.

So in practice I'm always 'looking past' the physical plastic bezels and just don't notice them—like muzak :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts