Coconut Monkey Cornerclub

Page 17 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
You might want to revisit that…

…since it makes it clearer that "Cleaning up after the Pigeon of Failure" is becoming more relevant.
Dude, I do things the right way, not the lame way. I drive on the right side of the road. I go around race tracks counter-clockwise. I drink coffee and not tea. And there is no 'u' in "humor" or "color." :D

Oh, and I don't eat things called Spotted Dick. :LOL:

Oh dear.
Oh dear dear.
CTpBLlP.png

there is no 'u' in "humor" or "color."
Are you really going to die on that hill?

• Haha
Reactions: ZedClampet
Dude, I do things the right way, not the lame way. I drive on the right side of the road. I go around race tracks counter-clockwise. I drink coffee and not tea. And there is no 'u' in "humor" or "color." :D

Oh, and I don't eat things called Spotted Dick. :LOL:

I'm here to back you up. Where's the Redcoats and their tea kettles?

By the way, what are the best uses for an electric tea kettle? I watched a video in which people from the UK were stunned that Americans don't use them. Other than making tea or coffee, is there anything else they are good for?

Last edited:
Reactions: WoodenSaucer
By the way, what are the best uses for an electric tea kettle? I watch a video in which people from the UK were stunned that Americans don't use them. Other than making tea or coffee, is there anything else they are good for?
I know this: I bought an electric tea kettle on sale for 20 USD. It has LED blue light and is transparent. Had it for four years now and it boils water like a boss! All those fancy kettles for hundreds of dollars can sod off! It's bloody insane how much companies take for a little squeeze of design and some stupid pitch about how fancier their electrical apparatus is.

I'm here to back you up
Oh Gawd… Seriously, you're also claiming there's no "u" in 'humor'???

what are the best uses for an electric tea kettle? … Other than making tea or coffee
Apart from the mentioned rapid water boiling, "I'll put the kettle on" is an excellent conversational maneuver whenever something awkward crops up which requires rapid disengagement.

Oh, don't make coffee with boiling water!

Reactions: Alm and Pifanjr
Oh Gawd… Seriously, you're also claiming there's no "u" in 'humor'???
If my favorite poster says there's no "u" then there's no "u" as far as I'm concerned.

I'm not going to pour boiling water on coffee. I'm going to let the kettle (which I don't have) sit for a couple of minutes first. Then I will gently pour the hot Fiji water (don't have any) into my pour-over coffeemaker (which I also don't have) where it will extract the exotic flavors of my freshly ground peaberry coffee (which I drank the last of a few years back).

Either that or I'll toss six scoops of pre-ground Peet's into my Ninja and push a button.

Singular h-U-mor from those guys, indeed.

Singular here too—pick one:
CurlySaucer
LarrySaucer
MoeSaucer
Oh, man! You got me there! I can't believe I actually fell for that.

Ok, guys. I'll humbly admit that there is, indeed, a 'u' in "humor." :LOL:

BTW, thanks for letting it play out that long without revealing it to me, just to humiliate me that much more. :D

By the way, what are the best uses for an electric tea kettle? I watched a video in which people from the UK were stunned that Americans don't use them. Other than making tea or coffee, is there anything else they are good for?

It's because American electrical plugs are weak:

"In the UK, with a mains voltage of 230 V and a limit of 13 A per socket the maximum possible power to one appliance is 2990 watts (2990 joules per second). In the USA, with a mains voltage of 120 V and a limit of 15 A per outlet the maximum possible power is reduced to only 1800 watts, which is why in the US many large appliances (e.g. washing machines, tumble dryers) have to be connected to a separate high-voltage circuit.

To raise the temperature of one litre of water from 15°C to boiling at 100°C requires a little bit over 355 kilojoules of energy. An “average” kettle in the UK runs at about 2800 W and in the US at about 1500 W; if we assume that both kettles are 100% efficient† than a UK kettle supplying 2800 joules per second will take 127 seconds to boil and a US kettle supplying 1500 J/s will take 237 seconds, more than a minute and a half longer. This is such a problem that many households in the US still use an old-fashioned stove-top kettle."

Source: http://wordpress.mrreid.org/2012/04/16/why-kettles-boil-slowly-in-the-us/

It's because American electrical plugs are weak:

"In the UK, with a mains voltage of 230 V and a limit of 13 A per socket the maximum possible power to one appliance is 2990 watts (2990 joules per second). In the USA, with a mains voltage of 120 V and a limit of 15 A per outlet the maximum possible power is reduced to only 1800 watts, which is why in the US many large appliances (e.g. washing machines, tumble dryers) have to be connected to a separate high-voltage circuit.

To raise the temperature of one litre of water from 15°C to boiling at 100°C requires a little bit over 355 kilojoules of energy. An “average” kettle in the UK runs at about 2800 W and in the US at about 1500 W; if we assume that both kettles are 100% efficient† than a UK kettle supplying 2800 joules per second will take 127 seconds to boil and a US kettle supplying 1500 J/s will take 237 seconds, more than a minute and a half longer. This is such a problem that many households in the US still use an old-fashioned stove-top kettle."

Source: http://wordpress.mrreid.org/2012/04/16/why-kettles-boil-slowly-in-the-us/
We can't turn our outlets on or off, either, like apparently other people can, unless we do it at the circuit breaker.

Four minutes is still faster than my stovetop. I may still buy one.

Last edited:
Reactions: Alm and Pifanjr
What does everyone use to record their PC screen these days? I'm talking about if I want to record outside of an app, which Nvidia doesn't seem to do. I've always used Bandicam to record my screen in Track or Excel or wherever, but I'm getting a little annoyed with it. Paid options are fine.

Reactions: Pifanjr
record their PC screen
See if the posts after this help:

and

Significant Other Complain
See if the posts after this help:

and

I didn't think those would list anything useful since they were talking about game recording, but I was wrong. The very first one in "20 Best..." is a screen recorder. I'll give it a try. Thanks.

Reactions: Pifanjr
I haven't done any since 00s—and then only briefly messing around—but I 'know' most of the media players also have recording—VLC and PotPlayer definitely do. So does PowerPoint, if you have that.

This list isn't complete, but…
Thanks. I'm trying to break the law, by the way, so I've got you down as an accomplice.

Just kidding. My wife asked me to help her with a presentation and record the steps for various things in this audit software that they use.

TRENDING THREADS