Coconut Monkey Cornerclub

Page 23 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
Worlds hardest jigsaw vs. puzzle machine (all white)

I love this guy, he has the most engaging way of presenting his projects—and of course his ongoing, perhaps never-ending, quest to impress his wife :)

Not forgetting the sly jokes slipped in from time to time:
fLAXKrm.png

20m video:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsPHBD5NsS0

If you are watching it might be worthwhile to watch through Steam and sign up for the giveaway:

Still low chances of winning but it might be no different to watching on Youtube.

It starts at just gone midnight for me. :(

EDIT:
For anyone interested in watching The Game Awards tomorrow, here is the start of the show in your timezone: https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=The+Game+Awards&iso=20221208T0430&p1=137

Here are some rumors from PC Gamer: https://www.pcgamer.com/game-awards-2022-rumors-reveals/

Sorry Frindis, I think that might be 12 hours out.

Last edited:

Zloth

Community Contributor
Whoa! They're making a VR Horizon game? Is it on PC, or is it just on PSVR2? And is it a new game, or a VR version of one of the two that are out? So many questions!
New game, but it's just for Playstation VR. (At least at first.)

I've been looking at the 4070 Ti that just came out yesterday. It's pretty interesting. People are calling it a ripoff, but it costs way less than a 4080 for not that much less performance. I've seen 4080s for around $1250, and I've seen a 4070 Ti for $839. I do think it's funny that it's a rebrand of the 4080 12GB that everyone was mad about, but at least they knocked $100 off of MSRP for it.

That's awesome. Imagine having to take it apart, though.

Wait, it's a re-branded 4080? That means I finally own a Ti card! (Well, once I take a magic marker to it, anyway...)
You know how they sometimes make a card with two different amounts of VRAM? I think the 1060 had a 6 GB version and a 3 GB version. Well, they were going to do that again with the 4080, and I think there were some other small changes, but this time everyone threw a fit, so they just rebranded the lesser one to 4070 ti.

Wait, it's a re-branded 4080? That means I finally own a Ti card! (Well, once I take a magic marker to it, anyway...)
Yeah, Zed is exactly right. The 4080 that is out has 16GB of VRAM. Then they were going to put out another cheaper 4080 with only 12GB of VRAM for MSRP $900. People threw a fit, so they never released that model. They ended up rebranding it to 4070 Ti and slashed MSRP to $800.

So since it wasn't ever released, if you have a 4080, you technically still don't have a Ti card. Sorry, I guess you're out of luck. :LOL:

You know how they sometimes make a card with two different amounts of VRAM? I think the 1060 had a 6 GB version and a 3 GB version. Well, they were going to do that again with the 4080, and I think there were some other small changes, but this time everyone threw a fit, so they just rebranded the lesser one to 4070 ti.

Yeah, Zed is exactly right. The 4080 that is out has 16GB of VRAM. Then they were going to put out another cheaper 4080 with only 12GB of VRAM for MSRP $900. People threw a fit, so they never released that model. They ended up rebranding it to 4070 Ti and slashed MSRP to $800.

So since it wasn't ever released, if you have a 4080, you technically still don't have a Ti card. Sorry, I guess you're out of luck. :LOL:
Its only a name, true but it was a little more than that. Usually when they do that, the chip on the board is at least the same but a little cut down, in this case they tried to put a different chip with a smaller memory bus out under the same nomenclature at the same time.

Sorry my pedantry is showing :p

For reference the 3090TI, 3090, 3080TI, 308012GB, 3080 10GB, then 3070Ti have a spread of about the same performance between them as the 4080 16GB to '4080' 12GB

Anyway the new cards are fast, no doubt.

Last edited:
Its only a name, true but it was a little more than that. Usually when they do that, the chip on the board is at least the same but a little cut down, in this case they tried to put a different chip with a smaller memory bus out under the same nomenclature at the same time.

Sorry my pedantry is showing :p

For reference the 3090TI, 3090, 3080TI, 308012GB, 3080 10GB, then 3070Ti have a spread of about the same performance between them as the 4080 16GB to '4080' 12GB

Anyway the new cards are fast, no doubt.
Yeah, it was pretty dirty that they were still calling it a 4080 when it was more than just less VRAM. It should have been a 4070 Ti all along. In my opinion, it's impressive that it performs as closely to the real 4080 as it does at $400 less. But when I get to upgrade, I'll still probably get a 4080 if I can swing it. No matter what I get, it will definitely be a huge upgrade over my 1080. Lol

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts