Coconut Monkey Cornerclub

Page 24 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
Oh wait, I have a 3080 not a 4080. Though, there's also a 480 which I should have thrown away quite some time ago sitting here... (I gotta figure out a good place for e-trash again. Best Buy wanted to charge me $30 when I tried to use them last.)
In the town where I live, we have something called Tox-away day once a month. We're allowed to bring any electronics, or things like refrigerators and air conditioners, and we can dump them for free. I think they recycle all of it.

On the other board that I post to, there's a small group of people who think they are running Facebook ads with their posts. The following is an example of how they would post on here.

Title: Major Shock to the Gaming World. Epic Games to close down!
Thread text: What would you think if that happened?

And these are not spam posts. They are regular members. If it were my site, I'd tag them in a post containing the Samuel L Jackson speech from Pulp Fiction "And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee" and then boot their butts.

OH FFS!

I just spent two hours on an art project while accidentally wearing orange blue-blocker glasses. I get so used to wearing them that my brain adjusts the colors so that I see white where white is supposed to be instead of seeing orange. But when I took the orange glasses off, all the colors in my picture were WRONG.
Oh, man. That sucks! Was it just a personal project, or is it being used for something?

Reactions: Pifanjr
Wooo! Just needed a blanket for use on my recliner (we keep the heat between 62 and 64), and I stumbled across a "lightning deal" on Amazon for 50 percent off.

giphy.webp

Wooo! Just needed a blanket for use on my recliner (we keep the heat between 62 and 64), and I stumbled across a "lightning deal" on Amazon for 50 percent off.
Whoa! I'd be freezing. We keep ours like 72 for heat and A/C. You get used to that and going that much lower seems freezing. I'll bet you save a lot of money on heating bills, though.

My wife wants to build a stone fireplace in our living room in the next couple of years, or rather, have it built. My first thought was that there's no way that would be doable. But then we started looking into it, and it's actually a lot more doable than I thought.

Whoa! I'd be freezing. We keep ours like 72 for heat and A/C. You get used to that and going that much lower seems freezing. I'll bet you save a lot of money on heating bills, though.

My wife wants to build a stone fireplace in our living room in the next couple of years, or rather, have it built. My first thought was that there's no way that would be doable. But then we started looking into it, and it's actually a lot more doable than I thought.
Fireplaces are nice. I want to get rid of our gas fireplace and put in a real one. I like all the stuff you have to do with a real fireplace, like taking care of firewood, making kindling, setting the fire and adjusting the logs, etc. I couldn't care less about the gas fireplace. We haven't had it on in years.

Oh, I'd fall on the floor and vomit if our heat was on 72. I can't stand it over 66. I'd have to stay on your front porch like I do at my mother-in-law's house.

Fireplaces are nice. I want to get rid of our gas fireplace and put in a real one. I like all the stuff you have to do with a real fireplace, like taking care of firewood, making kindling, setting the fire and adjusting the logs, etc. I couldn't care less about the gas fireplace. We haven't had it on in years.

Oh, I'd fall on the floor and vomit if our heat was on 72. I can't stand it over 66. I'd have to stay on your front porch like I do at my mother-in-law's house.
The fireplace was my wife's dream, but I was totally onboard when she said it. My first thought was that it would be better to just have a gas log. But she was pretty insistent on having a real wood fireplace. She wants the crackling sounds and smells that you don't get from gas. The more I thought about it, the more I agreed she was right. It's more work, and you probably deal with more spiders. But it's probably a lot better experience.

As for the temps, you remind me of my oldest son. He doesn't live at home anymore, but he always kept his room about 55 degrees. We have to use space heaters and window air conditioners upstairs, so he was able to have his own temp zone. In the winter, he never used to want to use a heater at all. When it got sub-zero, we made him break it out, though.

The fireplace was my wife's dream, but I was totally onboard when she said it. My first thought was that it would be better to just have a gas log. But she was pretty insistent on having a real wood fireplace. She wants the crackling sounds and smells that you don't get from gas. The more I thought about it, the more I agreed she was right. It's more work, and you probably deal with more spiders. But it's probably a lot better experience.

As for the temps, you remind me of my oldest son. He doesn't live at home anymore, but he always kept his room about 55 degrees. We have to use space heaters and window air conditioners upstairs, so he was able to have his own temp zone. In the winter, he never used to want to use a heater at all. When it got sub-zero, we made him break it out, though.
Spiders? Don't worry, the bats take care of those. Just keep the flue closed when you aren't using it

"What if the spider you killed in your home had spent his entire life thinking that you were his room-mate? Ever think about that? No. You only think about yourself."
I actually squished a small spider (or my former roommate) on the back of my neck while sleeping a couple of nights ago. I have nothing against them personally, I just don't like it when the invade my personal space. Also, the myth about people swallowing 8 spiders a year while they're sleeping is false:
Fact or Fiction? People Swallow 8 Spiders a Year While They Sleep - Scientific American

Tried a new local restaurant, Balter Beerworks (no relation to the Australian company), and I have been disappointed lately when I tried new things, so I ordered their Balter burger.

I've eaten countless cheeseburgers in my life, and this was the absolute best.

No more buying video games. It's all cheeseburgers from here. It didn't list any nutritional information online, but I should be dead in a couple of weeks. It will be a great couple of weeks, though. Must have had 1/2 pound of beef (from a local farm no less).

I just had a long conversation with a neurologist on my sports forum. I explained that I was born and raised on a farm and that I could communicate telepathically with cows. We argued about this for probably half an hour. My side of the conversation included revealing which steak sauces cows find insulting. He became so frustrated that after I bragged that I could count bull testicles with a high rate of accuracy, he said, "I save lives." I said, "I win" and quit the thread.

The thread was me recommending Balter Beerworks (most people on that site are local or at least travel here for games).

TRENDING THREADS