City Builder Frustration

Aug 2, 2023
Visit site
Hello all, I’ve just joined.

This Cities Skylines looks wonderful, but I have a problem.

I don’t want unlimited money. I don’t want any finance at all. I want to build a model village. No water, no power, just as if I was building a model on a table. I don’t want a house to catch fire, I’m sure you’ve got the message.

Can someone help me please. Is there a city builder with the fantastic realistic detail of city skylines yet simply lets me build my town without me having to play the game.

I’d be so grateful to hear from you.

Best regards.

Reactions: ZedClampet

Zloth

Community Contributor
That sounds more like an art program than a game. Maybe one of the "survival" style games with the survival turned off? Subnautica 2 and No Man's Sky both have a "creative" mode that lets you just build your bases without having to worry about resources or getting eaten.

Hello all, I’ve just joined.

This Cities Skylines looks wonderful, but I have a problem.

I don’t want unlimited money. I don’t want any finance at all. I want to build a model village. No water, no power, just as if I was building a model on a table. I don’t want a house to catch fire, I’m sure you’ve got the message.

Can someone help me please. Is there a city builder with the fantastic realistic detail of city skylines yet simply lets me build my town without me having to play the game.

I’d be so grateful to hear from you.

Best regards.
I wanted this also, and what I did was play Planet Coaster. They have a sandbox mode where you can just build anything you want. To get the buildings/houses, you can either make them yourself out of the building parts provided, or you can do the easier thing and just download whatever you want off of the workshop (and they have everything from hundreds of houses and skyscrapers to restaurants, hotels, trains, etc. ). After you subscribe to a building, it will show up in your Buildings tab. People have made some amazing cities this way.

Aug 2, 2023
Visit site
Thanks, these turning off things still don't stop the game from making thigs happen. I don't need a population, just a model village, on the screen not on the table. the one recommended
has no realism which is why I was very attracted to City Slylines.

You have been so helpful, woe is me.

Greetings

Reactions: Brian Boru

TRENDING THREADS