Can't move folder

Aug 23, 2023
Visit site
So i wanna restore my video folder where it been, but by a mistake I moved it into wrong place and now where ever I try to move it, it doesnt let me.

[Mod edit: changed title for clarity from the unhelpful "Help with issue".]

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the forum :)

I moved it into wrong place

♣ Are you sure you moved it, rather than copied?

♦ Where is this wrong place, ie what's its parent folder(s) now?

♥ Are you using Windows—what version?—and talking about the default Windows 'My videos' folder?
Example:
C:\Users\Brian\Documents\My Videos

Your issue is likely a Permissions problem, but need to know more to have a shot at helping—eg error message(s) like MJS mentioned.

system restore as it can fix errors like this
System Restore deals only with system files, not personal ones, so it depends on what exactly OP is talking about and what exactly se did.

A moved folder is not sth I expect System Restore to fix. But, depends…

@Darktan Do you have a disk image from before the problem? If the image was of the drive which originally contained the folder, then restoring the image would fix it. Be aware tho that any programs or data you installed or added after the image will need to be redone.

So i wanna restore my video folder where it been, but by a mistake I moved it into wrong place and now where ever I try to move it, it doesnt let me.

Right, but that's not OP's stated problem.
running system restore can correct his last error. It will put it back where it was before the restore process. Then we can try moving it to the right place... one thing that can help is to create a destination folder before you start and make sure the path is right before approving the change.

All I think you really need to do is right click on the folder in its new location, then select "Properties" and then "Location" and change the address back to c:\Users\(your username)\Videos

I don't see any reason why this wouldn't work.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts