Screen or Keyboard don't start with PC

Dec 10, 2023
Visit site
when i press the start button on my pc, only the tower is activated without opening the screen or the keyboard. I turn off my pc and when i move the cables a bit, the pc works normally. what could be wrong?

[Mod edit: changed title for clarity from the unhelpful "hello, i have a problem with my pc".]

Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 10, 2023
Visit site
when i press the start button on my pc, only the tower is activated without opening the screen or the keyboard. I turn off my pc and when i move the cables a bit, the pc works normally. what could be wrong?
Have u ever dropped it? sounds like the motherboard or the gpu are moved a bit or simply your hdmi/dp cable is broken and also try to use another usb port for the kb

Dec 10, 2023
Visit site
Have u ever dropped it? sounds like the motherboard or the gpu are moved a bit or simply your hdmi/dp cable is broken and also try to use another usb port for the kb
no, never dropped the pc, it's strange because i don't move my pc often. i will try other cable and maybe its will be better

Welcome to the forum :)

I turn off my pc and when i move the cables a bit, the pc works normally
How are screen and KB connected to PC? VGA, DVI, HDMI, USB, wireless, IR, Bluetooth, DisplayPort, PS/2, etc?

Are there any adapters in use?

Have you tried doing the same movement without turning off the PC?

Does this happen all the time, or is it intermittent?

Have you reseated all the cables, made sure they're fully pushed in?

Do the cables have 'wiggle room' when seated? Ie can you jiggle them a bit, or are they fairly stationary?

Dec 10, 2023
Visit site
Welcome to the forum :)

How are screen and KB connected to PC? VGA, DVI, HDMI, USB, wireless, IR, Bluetooth, DisplayPort, PS/2, etc?

Are there any adapters in use?

Have you tried doing the same movement without turning off the PC?

Does this happen all the time, or is it intermittent?

Have you reseated all the cables, made sure they're fully pushed in?

Do the cables have 'wiggle room' when seated? Ie can you jiggle them a bit, or are they fairly stationary?
i use hdmi for my screen and usb for KB

i dont use any adapter

yes i have moved the cables a bit, but nothing happened

its often but now not everyday

yes i tried take off all cables but cables looks good without damage

have the normal wiggle

Reactions: Brian Boru
I'm not a hardware guy, someone more knowledgeable will hopefully be along soon.

They will probably want your specs, especially for the PSU and other major parts, so you should post those in the meantime.

You might get more answers at Tom's Hardware, where they specialize in PC hardware parts-we specialize in PC games :)
But they'll also expect plenty of info about your system—nobody likes wasting time on guessing games.

Dec 10, 2023
Visit site
I'm not a hardware guy, someone more knowledgeable will hopefully be along soon.

They will probably want your specs, especially for the PSU and other major parts, so you should post those in the meantime.

You might get more answers at Tom's Hardware, where they specialize in PC hardware parts-we specialize in PC games :)
But they'll also expect plenty of info about your system—nobody likes wasting time on guessing games.
oh understand , thanks for your time :)

Reactions: Brian Boru

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts