Can't edit post

Trying to edit this post

causes a popup to say:

Oops! We ran into some problems.
A server error occurred. Please try again later.

But I can edit other posts fine.

I wouldn't even bother mentioning it except that on other Xenforo boards I've seen this happen and some settings needed to be adjusted behind the scenes. And the problem, once it started happening, became extremely annoying very fast. It seemed more likely to happen in posts with images in, though wasn't exclusive to them.

Just tested it again and I still can't edit it. Though I don't need to edit the post as I just deleted and reposted with the typo fixed originally.

It's more that if you post fairly long posts with a lot of info/advice, and things like charts or other pics to illustrate, and then the forum tells you you can't edit it, it's immensely frustrating.

Especially if the error has an impact on the sense or the readability.

Reactions: Frindis
To also be fair, nobody mentioned Photobucket. It's not exclusive to photobucket. I don't use photobucket.

The post I linked had a photobucket image because I needed to show something and the first suitable one that came up in a google image search happened to be that.

But the issue applies to other posts with images linked from imgBB for instance (no watermark) which I use regularly.

I also use imgur sometimes, though generally avoid using the Media function rather than the image function as it bloats the length of the post.

And on another forum that I was a moderator on, we had a very, very similar issue. Which could be the same cause or a different one, but I wouldn't necessarily rule it was specific to this forum without knowing the precise cause(s). Unless my experience is totally irrelevant ofc. Always that possibility.

Reactions: Pifanjr
For some reason I thought the image option didn't work here, but experimenting with an image you won't see below shows it does actually work now? You won't see it as I removed before posting.

Maybe I have it mixed up with sigs. Or it might have changed.

I too prefer the img tag to the media one, I only used the gallery view as I thought the other didn't work here. Might have to change a sticky.

TRENDING THREADS