Call of Duty: Warzone -- Opinions and Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of people on Twitch.tv playing it. I haven't played it myself but I have watched a few games and so far those playing are enjoying it. It is in groups of 3 though, so if you go in alone you will be facing opposition in teams. That kind of put me off downloading it.

Reactions: HBZK100
Pretty smooth sailing so far, though they need to do something with people being able to glitch through walls/ground and being able to cut parachute and kill people while gliding. Yes, it is fun watching players plummet to the ground, but it is a horrible mechanic to have implemented.

@Alm It is a bit of a challenge playing solo vs 3 (why do they call it squad?) but at the same time, you have the advantage of being much harder to detect than multiple opponents. Hopefully, the solo/duo mode will come soon though. @HBZK100 It's a free game with fastpaced combat, excellent gun sounds/customization, not much bugs and 150 players BR mode (the second mode I have not tried yet) so I would recommend giving it a go.

Last edited:
Reactions: Deathpool97 and Alm
I played with my nephew last night and it was so fun! We both felt the adrenaline kick in when we got to the finale circle! I tried some solo rounds also and found out that using the helicopter is a great way to get to hard to reach places for recon position and also avoiding the worst of gunfire when the last circles are building up.

@Alm I actually ended up having a huge discussion with a couple of people on a twitch channel regarding if a squad should be minimum 4 players or not. I am basically so used to a squad being four people, so whenever I see 3 man group as squad, I feel it is just plain wrong:)

Reactions: Alm
Jan 13, 2020
Visit site
It's excellent. I'm not a huge fan of COD in general the last 10 or so ,that is. But, WARZONE is freakin' epic.

It's like PUBG was the test game and now we got the full deal. Excellent action, tons and tons of loots, upgrades and stuff, chests, mini-missions during the battle royale, excellent performance-no hiccups or bouncing around, just good times. Aaaand it's free.

Reactions: Frindis
Mar 16, 2020
Visit site
I liked the simplified looting system, surprisingly it forces people to engage more and loot less. Currently the game is crashing a lot on my PC, so I'm waiting for some fixes from Activision to be able to have a more informed opinion about the game.

Reactions: LedWeappelin

OsaX Nymloth

Community Contributor
I tried playing it, even tho BR are not my thing. But damn, my 5 years old PC is struggling.... either I have sub 60 fps OR I have more but the game still feels choppy and floaty. And I already put almost everything outside of textures to low. Obviously this make even moving around super annoying.

Still better than a friend, who's game is crashing every time.

From what I saw, it's nothing groundbreaking but they added some ideas and touches to not make it just "another BR clone", which is honestly more than expected.

McStabStab

Community Contributor
It's a great game. I really think they hit the TTK right on this one. The Gulag and buybacks for second chances keep the game interesting after you've been eliminated. It's been tough to crack the top 5 though, let alone get a win!

Reactions: Frindis
Jan 14, 2020
Visit site
It's a lot better than Blackout in my opinion. I play a lot of cod and it feels exactly like I want it to. Graphics are great, guns feel and look amazing and the weapon/loot balance is very good, considering the game just came out. I like the simplicity of it, games like Apex and Fortnight have way too much loot and meta, keeping it about the gun fight is way more fun for me. I have won 2 squad games with randoms, both times we all had mics which is absolutely key in squads! That, and not going off on your own, way to easy to die. The TTK is perfect. Won my first solo on the weekend, felt like I was going to have a heart attack in the final circle.

Last edited:

McStabStab

Community Contributor
It's a lot better than Blackout in my opinion. I play a lot of cod and it feels exactly like I want it to. Graphics are great, guns feel and look amazing and the weapon/loot balance is very good, considering the game just came out. I like the simplicity of it, games like Apex and Fortnight have way too much loot and meta, keeping it about the gun fight is way more fun for me. I have won 2 squad games with randoms, both times we all had mics which is absolutely key in squads! That, and not going off on your own, way to easy to die. The TTK is perfect. One my first solo on the weekend, felt like I was going to have a heart attack in the final circle.

I had to shut it down tonight cause I got 2nd place in solos and the final circle had my heart beating out of my chest! Haven’t gotten the win yet! Congrats!

Mar 11, 2020
Visit site
I have really been enjoying Warzone now that i've gotten the chance to play it for a bit.

Gun mechanics are awesome, and everything is so well detailed and, man, everything just blends so well. Great gamemode.

FYI, the downscale filter in the graphics options is superb. I run about 80% resolution scale, and i can only notice a little bit of blurr. However, when I add NVidia's sharpen filter, the game looks the same as 100% scale, i have to get really close to my monitor to notice any difference.
And I gain about 20FPS so that's really nice!!

@McStabStab You are not the only one. Been unlucky a couple of times and the rest by just having a bad aim. The strategy I normally use is getting all the recon missions up to final circle or the one before, preferably one of them while I have a bounty on my head, as that will help to avoid getting stormed. Then I find an advantage point to pluck the latecomers. This often makes me get 2nd place, but yeah, that final kill has eluded me so far also!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS