cable routing

Dec 17, 2020
Visit site
What has me buggered is this.

Why the big focus on routing the power cables BEHIND the mother board?

It makes it neat BUT....

1. doesnt it restrict airflow around the mother board itself?

2. Whats the point of having to REMOVE the motherboard, and the GPU in order to redo a cable when you discover its to short to hook up to a new SSD, etc?

I run my cables behind mainly for aesthetics, it gives it a nice clean look. Most newer cases have spots behind the motherboard to secure the cables now. In the end it's just personnel preference.

Dec 17, 2020
Visit site
I was at walmart yesterday looking at the ibuypower prebuilt. BIG MASSIVE full tower ATX case, no dvd in it.

I could fit my old windows 98 se amd athlon HP Pavillion inside it, or my really old early 1990s "beige box" inside it. But they used a micro atx board..

I admit it does look pretty with the cords hidden behind the mother board, but when you have to remove the board and the GPU to access the cables, its rather stupid.

Reactions: FreezerBurn
I was at walmart yesterday looking at the ibuypower prebuilt. BIG MASSIVE full tower ATX case, no dvd in it.

I could fit my old windows 98 se amd athlon HP Pavillion inside it, or my really old early 1990s "beige box" inside it. But they used a micro atx board..

I admit it does look pretty with the cords hidden behind the mother board, but when you have to remove the board and the GPU to access the cables, its rather stupid.
It does create more work when you have to remove something, but for me it's totally worth it.

TRENDING THREADS