Buying new PC, which should I choose?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 12, 2021
Visit site
I am looking to play the new US release of Lost Ark, World of Warcraft, and have a pc that will last me awhile in terms of future games.

12th Gen Intel® Core™ i7 12700KF (12-Core, 25MB Cache, 3.6GHz to 5GHz w/Turbo Boost Max 3.0)

Windows 11 Home, English

videocard
NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 3060 Ti 8GB GDDR6 LHR

memory
32GB Dual Channel DDR5 at 4400MHz; up to 128GB (additional memory sold separately)

harddrive
1TB NVMe M.2 PCIe SSD

[Mod edit: changed title for clarity from "I am looking at buying an Alienware PC from Dell but have selected a few different upgrades. Wanting to get your opinion on if all this works well.".]

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 12, 2021
Visit site
Total: $2500

Case iBUYPOWER RAIDMAX STEALTH S801 Tempered Glass ARGB Gaming Case
Case Fans Default Case Fan
Processor Intel® Core™ i9-12900KF Processor (8X 3.20GHz + 8X 2.40GHz/30MB L3 Cache)
Processor Cooling iBUYPOWER 240mm Addressable RGB Liquid Cooling System - Black
Memory 32GB [16GB x2] DDR4-3200MHz G.SKILL Ripjaws V
Video Card NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti - 8GB GDDR6 (VR-Ready)
Motherboard MSI PRO Z690-A DDR4 - ARGB Header (2), USB 3.2 Ports (1 Type-C, 3 Type-A), M.2 Slot (4)
Power Supply 850 Watt - CORSAIR RM850X - 80 PLUS Gold, Fully Modular
Primary Storage 1TB MSI M470 M.2 PCIe GEN4 NVMe SSD
INCLUDED WARRANTY INCLUDED

Its funny, one of my pcs thats like 7 years old (GTX 980/i54790K) ran Lost Ark flawlessly with max settings. Games like that and WoW dont need superior systems to run.

Id say 2500 sounds ok if you are buying pre-built, either one of those set ups will last you quite a while being that the cpu's/mobos only released a couple weeks ago. PSUs are good. Just remember "KF" versions of cpu's means that they dont support onboard graphics which means you will need to have a discrete GPU to use with that cpu if you want to see anything.

MaddMann

A nerd that found his place
Community Contributor
Jan 17, 2020
Visit site
Personally I would suggest the ibuypower pc over the Alienware. Alienware PC's are well built and pretty nice to look at, but they are not great to work on and have a decent amount of proprietary components, plus you have to deal with DELL, which as an IT guy, they have the absolute worst customer care in the industry. Either device will unfortunately have a decent lead time in getting the required components. If I were to change one thing on this (and it is minor) I would likely swap out the processor with one of thread rippers from AMD, they tend to have a bit better specs with it comes to multi-threading support. Either way, both of your choices far exceed the needs of the games you posted.

Here are the requirements for Lost Arc (the most intensive of the games you requested)

Recommended System Requirements
  • Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
  • Processor: Intel® Core™ i5 / AMD Ryzen 5
  • Memory: 16 GB RAM
  • Graphics:
    • 1080P FHD
      • NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 660
      • NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1050
      • AMD® Radeon RX560 2G
    • 1440P QHD
      • NVIDIA® GeForce® RTX 2070
      • AMD® Radeon RX5700XT
    • Ultra Specs (4K, UHD)
      • NVIDIA® GeForce® RTX 2080
      • AMD® Radeon RX 6800
  • DirectX: 9.0c or higher (2010 June)
  • Network: Broadband Internet connection
  • Storage: 50 GB + available space
  • Additional Notes: Internet connection required to play, offers in-game purchases

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS