Question 12th Gen PC for future games

Nov 16, 2021
Visit site
Do not change thread title after a mod has edited it. PM a mod if there's a problem.
I am looking to play the new US release of Lost Ark, World of Warcraft, and have a pc that will last me awhile in terms of future games.

12th Gen Intel® Core™ i7 12700KF (12-Core, 25MB Cache, 3.6GHz to 5GHz w/Turbo Boost Max 3.0)

Windows 11 Home, English

videocard
NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 3060 Ti 8GB GDDR6 LHR

memory
32GB Dual Channel DDR5 at 4400MHz; up to 128GB (additional memory sold separately)

harddrive
1TB NVMe M.2 PCIe SSD

[Mod edit: changed title for clarity from "I am looking at buying an Alienware PC from Dell but have selected a few different upgrades. Wanting to get your opinion on if all this works well.".]

[Mod 2nd edit: changed title for clarity from "I am looking to play the new US release of Lost Ark, World of Warcraft, and have a pc that will last me awhile in terms of future games. 12th Gen".]

Last edited by a moderator:
32gb of ram.. is probably enough for everyone unless they play Star Citizen. Its actually way more than most people actually need. Its overkill for 90% of games now and probably for a few years to come. Most people still only have 16gb, and very few things need more.

Windows doesn't even grow that much with 32gb, most days I only use 7gb of ram at desktop... and still have 24gb available and 19gb free, sitting there wasting electricity.

QWEi6vk.jpg

Free ram doesn't help anyone. it doesn't make PC faster, it is just there until you need it... maybe.

If you, for some reason wanted more ram, I would buy it now as its much easier to get sticks that are sold together to work together, you can start getting weird errors otherwise.

I am looking to play the new US release of Lost Ark, World of Warcraft, and have a pc that will last me awhile in terms of future games.

12th Gen Intel® Core™ i7 12700KF (12-Core, 25MB Cache, 3.6GHz to 5GHz w/Turbo Boost Max 3.0)

Windows 11 Home, English

videocard
NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 3060 Ti 8GB GDDR6 LHR

memory
32GB Dual Channel DDR5 at 4400MHz; up to 128GB (additional memory sold separately)

harddrive
1TB NVMe M.2 PCIe SSD

[Mod edit: changed title for clarity from "I am looking at buying an Alienware PC from Dell but have selected a few different upgrades. Wanting to get your opinion on if all this works well.".]

[Mod 2nd edit: changed title for clarity from "I am looking to play the new US release of Lost Ark, World of Warcraft, and have a pc that will last me awhile in terms of future games. 12th Gen".]
Post a link please to this prebuilt so we can see the components and price. btw what is your monitor resolution?

TRENDING THREADS