Question BSOD problems daily on Win 11 PC

Jan 10, 2022
Visit site
Hello everyone. For some reasons I did a PC reset and had idea that it won't touch system files like drivers and more. Unfortunately I was shocked when all these files went missing. I have issues recovering it, tried device manager and searched for available updates. Anyway, I'm sure that my pc needs to get back all the missing files but I don't know how. Would like to hear recommendations.

Tautvydas

[Mod edit: changed title for clarity from the unhelpful "info".]

Last edited by a moderator:
Would help if you told us a bit about your system.

Assuming Windows 10 OS, press Windows key and type
cmd

It should show 'Command Prompt' top left.
On the right side, click on 'Run as administrator.
Click OK on the security check, and you get a plain black Command Prompt window.

In that, type
sfc /scannow
…and press Enter.

SFC is the System File Checker and may take an hour or so to complete its run. It should replace any damaged system files. I think it will also provide basic drivers for your hardware if required, but I'm not sure.

That should get you in a position to visit your hardware vendors sites and download and install better drivers.

For better help, we need more info—eg what your system is, why you decided to reset it, etc.

Jan 10, 2022
Visit site
System is windows 11. Why I decided to reset? The reason is that this pc have been having issues (blue screen "your pc ran into a problem") way too often like 2 times every single day.

Did a scan, says: "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations"

Why I decided to reset? The reason is that this pc have been having issues (blue screen "your pc ran into a problem") way too often like 2 times every single day
That is much more likely to be a hardware problem rather than software. Please provide as much info re your system as possible, using this guide:

Then our hardware experts will look it over and take it from there.

Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations
Good, your basic Windows is ok.

reset … I was shocked when all these files went missing
According to this…
…"you have an option to restore the factory settings keeping your settings and files, and there is another option to remove everything"

It sounds like you picked the latter option. Once the BSOD issue is resolved, it'll cost you time to reinstall all your software.

Reactions: Kaamos_Llama
Could see what cause is before resetting

Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

1. Open Windows File Explore
  2. Navigate to C:\Windows\Minidump
  3. Copy the mini-dump files out onto your Desktop
  4. Do not use Winzip, use the built in facility in Windows
  5. Select those files on your Desktop, right click them and choose 'Send to' - Compressed (zipped) folder
  6. Upload the zip file to the Cloud (OneDrive, DropBox . . . etc.)
  7. Then post a link here to the zip file, so we can take a look for you . . .
Most BSOD are drivers, very few fixed running SFC/scannow... only windows system BSOD are fixed with those. I can't recall the last time it helped.
reset can work but its the hammer approach and I really prefer to know what cause is instead of never knowing.
If cause is hardware a reset won't help.

Reactions: Brian Boru

TRENDING THREADS