Question Brand new pc build crashes during games!

Jul 8, 2020
Visit site
Hi there,

I have a brand new PC that I built with brand new parts from Memory Express. I have a B450M tuff gaming motherboard, ryzen 5 3400, 16gb ddr4 ram, EVGA geforce RTX 2060 SUPER, 750w PSU, and lots of fans to circulate air around the case. I have all my drivers downloaded, MSI AfterBurner, all my games have been optomized on the Geforce Experience, and my games wont stop crashing. I can usually get about 20 mins into a game of league of legends until it starts crashing every 3 minutes, but it almost never blue screens. Although it does occasionally. CoD lasts about 45 seconds, sea of thieves about 30 mins. WHAT ELSE CAN I DO? IT'S 2 WEEKS OLD. THE GRAPHICS CARD WAS BOUGHT YESTERDAY. PLEASE SEND REINFORCEMENTS!!

Jul 14, 2020
Visit site
Hi there,

I have a brand new PC that I built with brand new parts from Memory Express. I have a B450M tuff gaming motherboard, ryzen 5 3400, 16gb ddr4 ram, EVGA geforce RTX 2060 SUPER, 750w PSU, and lots of fans to circulate air around the case. I have all my drivers downloaded, MSI AfterBurner, all my games have been optomized on the Geforce Experience, and my games wont stop crashing. I can usually get about 20 mins into a game of league of legends until it starts crashing every 3 minutes, but it almost never blue screens. Although it does occasionally. CoD lasts about 45 seconds, sea of thieves about 30 mins. WHAT ELSE CAN I DO? IT'S 2 WEEKS OLD. THE GRAPHICS CARD WAS BOUGHT YESTERDAY. PLEASE SEND REINFORCEMENTS!!

Did this always happen or is this only after 2 weeks? It sounds to me like you have an unstable OC on your GPU/CPU. Did you you OC either of those parts? And test them to confirm they are stable? Based on what you have mentioned that seems like the most likely culprit. I would do a sanity check and reset them to default out of the box stats and try running your games and see what happens. If they work fine, then I think it's definitely an unstable OC and you need to go back and do a significant amount of testing before you try to jump into a game. I know the urge to jump into games and see the fruits of your labour are so high after your first PC Build, but you really need to ensure that everything was setup correctly, so you don't damage your parts.

Let us know how it goes! and Goodluck!

Jul 3, 2020
Visit site
Agree with the above. I would also verify memory. Run memtest for 12-24hrs to make sure there are no bad memory locations.

If those don't narrow things down download the latest drivers (Mobo,video card, OS, etc) and test after each install.

But really sounds like some sort of clock issue. I'm not as familiar with burning in ssds. But I'd check that as well if all the above doesn't fix the issue.

TRENDING THREADS