Better Call Saul Season 6!

It is on! Hell yeah!:) One of the best spin-offs ever made. Watched the two new episodes and it is building up to a storm for sure, just like how season 5 ended. I can't wait to see what Lalo Salamanca has up his sleeve.

Are you guys watching it? If not and you liked Breaking Bad, I can highly recommend it! It does respect the lore and characters and you get to learn what happened before Breaking Bad from the perspective of none other than Saul Goodman.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qz3u06eXf0E

Last edited:
@Brian Boru If you liked Breaking Bad, I'm almost certain that you will love this one. It basically tells the story of how Saul Goodman got to be Saul Goodman and those characters (most of them) we already know from Breaking Bad get introduced in a clever way. It works and is one of the better spinoffs made. A very good mix of excellent acting, good narrative build, and top-notch cinematography. It is a bit darker than Breaking Bad and there are much more clever and deep dialogues that I feel make the characters more interesting. Not that Breaking Bad did not have them also, but it is just done much better here. It also helps that we already know a lot about them too of course.

Last edited:
Reactions: Brian Boru
Love this show but i am biased to Bob Odenkirk, I like most the stuff he is in. Nobody was fantastic fun. Havent seen the first two this season but have seen the rest and its, to me, better than Breaking Bad in a lot of ways, maybe not as "gritty" but having watched that show, it makes understanding Better Call Saul better which gives me that opinion.

@Brian Boru While you might get more attached to some of the characters because you know them from before, there is the downside of knowing which of the character will die. In that sense, you'll get a fresh start with BCS and since the story happened before Breaking Bad, you'll also watch it in the right chronological order. You can't really go wrong with either choice.

+

I haven't seen either, so I gather it's better to watch BB before BCS?

No, you can for sure watch BCS first since itll be in chronological order just remember that the first season of breaking bad aired almost a decade before BCS lol. Sometimes its hard to remember that the show is a prequel to BB seeing the actors looking older than they did in BB but if you watch BCS and like it, youll like BB regardless of things like that.

So having seen all the episodes up until now, season has been fantastic.

I've watched the first half of season 6, and can't wait for July 11 to see the second half. I really loved the part where Jimmy and Kim played a trick on Howard at the Sandpiper settlement. The swapped photos were hilarious. Poor Howard though, they never expected it would end that way. I was rather sad about what happened to Nacho too, one of my favorite characters. I'm also going to be a bit sad when this show ends, like I was when Breaking Bad did.

Regarding Breaking Bad though, if you've not seen the movie El Camino, it wraps up Jessie's story arc pretty well.

I just finished watching the last episode of Better Call Saul. Superb ending to what has been one of the best series of this decade. I do want to change my thoughts around whether you should watch BCS or Breaking Bad first:

I would now highly, HIGHLY recommend anyone to watch the whole BB first before watching the last episodes of BBC starting from S6.E10. This is because of how much BB gets weaved into the last episodes of season 6 of BBC and the importance of knowing some facts from that show. Without that knowledge, some of the best scenes from the last episodes of BB will be more confusing than good.

I still think watching the first seasons of BCS up to S6.E10 will be a good way to get under the skin of Saul Goodman (the main character of that series) who also takes a big part in BB, not to mention also learn more about other characters from BB at an early stage of their character development. There is also so much history from BCS that you will appreciate having the knowledge of before watching BB, not to mention all the "Ahhhh, I remember that place" experiences you'll have.

TRENDING THREADS