Best Call Of Duty Campaign of all time?

Zloth

Community Contributor
The only Call of Duty I played was the very first one, and it had some memorable bits. I remember one for the Soviets in particular. You start off in a landing boat and your commander gives you just four or five bullets. No gun. The boat has a gun turret, though, and it will shoot you dead if you try to get back on board.

• Love
Reactions: Frindis and SBan83
Jun 17, 2021
Visit site
i really liked the one on world at war where you go through courtyard and then enter the reichstag to put flag at the top, that's my fave level. but not on veteran mode lol too many grenades everywhere on that difficulty.

Call of Duty 6 - Modern Warfare 2, and Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare comes -very- close with its Chernobyl portions.

Best pacing out of all the campaigns, best soundtrack, some pretty good atmosphere, especially in the snowy mountains, DC, forested areas, etc.

Reactions: Brian Boru
Very debatable topic, I think mine would be Call of Duty 4. But honestly they are all pretty forgettable to me.
Yea, have to go with COD4 mainly due to the opening ship mission and Ghillied Up. But equally memorable was the original BO.

Because I'm new to this forum I can't thumbs up your posts, but I wanted to say I agree about Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare. It's a game I could easily point to if someone asked me what shaped my generation's love of shooters.

That said, I ever so loved Call of Duty 2 on the Xbox 360. Played it on a demo disc, one of the earliest ones of Official Xbox Magazine for the new system for the time. I'd decided there and then it was time to play some more adult games, moving away from platformers and kart racers. CoD 2 had some great lines too. "Because grenades are valuable! In fact, they are worth a lot more than you are!"

Reactions: DXCHASE and SBan83
Nov 15, 2020
Visit site
Because I'm new to this forum I can't thumbs up your posts, but I wanted to say I agree about Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare. It's a game I could easily point to if someone asked me what shaped my generation's love of shooters.

That said, I ever so loved Call of Duty 2 on the Xbox 360. Played it on a demo disc, one of the earliest ones of Official Xbox Magazine for the new system for the time. I'd decided there and then it was time to play some more adult games, moving away from platformers and kart racers. CoD 2 had some great lines too. "Because grenades are valuable! In fact, they are worth a lot more than you are!"
Nice, sounds like quite a transition for you!

CoD 4: -All Ghillied Up. Really cool sniper mission as it made you feel like you were a sniper, or I guess as close as you could come to it back then.

There is also a cool night vision mission in one of the CoD games where you start in some small village near the beach/river and have to do a lot of stealth while progressing both inside/outside. Perhaps some of you know the name of that mission?

@Zloth Loved the start of that mission. Bullets everywhere and just full adrenaline pumping. Made you feel a little slice of that old saying "War is no joke"

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2022
Visit site
Here's what I think about the plot of the Call of Duty game:

Recently, almost every first review of a new part of Call of Duty carries tons of indignation, they say, the same thing every year, you yourself are not tired, it's time to create something new, etc. And now let's look at a series of sports games from EA (and not only from them), where the situation is the same, but fans of simulators are not outraged at all. So maybe it's not the developers, but the players themselves? Maybe someone doesn't like shooters, and those who like them just follow the herd instinct, pouring dirt on the series?

Reactions: Brian Boru

TRENDING THREADS