Beautiful Game Appreciation

Page 3 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!

Zloth

Community Contributor
Let's see if this works - I posted this to the Media section of the forum, which gives the BB link code. Not great for a permanent solution because there's a 5GB limit but should be fine for the short term...

full

Used the low exposure option for this one.

full

After taking the shot, I asked the stag if it was OK to post it publicly. He nodded. Well... he actually didn't get his head all the way back up but he did run up close to me to make sure I could see he was nodding. That's legally admissible in ancient Greece.

Feb 16, 2020
Visit site
Witcher 1 even had some nice ones (though I didn't know how to turn off the GUI for them)

Witcher 1 is so underrated. While it never was technically impressive (the engine was quite old on release from memory) the game still does look great!

I'm playing Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice right now and that game looks fantastic.
YB9UlkN.jpg

FrAOLY3.jpg

U271nWD.jpg

One of my personal favourites is the Valkyria Chronicles games too. Gorgeous art style.
vCL3eb9.jpg

5rCSVEH.jpg

LODwBMJ.jpg

Feb 16, 2020
Visit site
@MadeManG74 Tempted in getting Sekiro, but I have a slight feeling I am going to have a hard time playing it. I was never good with Dark Souls and this is supposedly MUCH harder. I'm up for the challenge though!
I say give it a shot! In some ways it's harder, but you also can't paint yourself into a corner with a 'bad build' or by misunderstanding the stats/RPG elements this time.

Zloth

Community Contributor
Witcher 1 is so underrated. While it never was technically impressive (the engine was quite old on release from memory) the game still does look great!
It's a modified Aurora engine, I believe, which was what powered BioWare's Neverwinter Nights.

One of my personal favourites is the Valkyria Chronicles games too. Gorgeous art style.
Fun pair of games, too.

Hmmm, I haven't got much for Borderlands so I guess it's on to the City of Heroes/Villains!

Let's start with the Shadow Shard zones. I loved those places! Lots of rock islands just floating in a crazy sky. While people who could fly had no trouble going from island to island and teleporters that aimed for stamina efficiency might be able to make it, most islands were too far to make with a super jump and the speed runners were completely out of luck. So Cryptic provided little geyser that would LAUNCH you at one of the other islands. More or less at one of them, anyway - you might need to steer a tiny bit. At the end of the first three zones was a portal to the next zone. If you fell along the way, you were teleported back to the start of your zone. If you got killed, you woke up in the way back in the first zone.

People that learned the geysers and practiced on them a bit could get around faster than the fliers. Sadly, many people weren't up to the challenge and just found somebody with the Group Fly power that was willing to play Super Taxi. Those who were doing missions deep in the later zones weren't at all happy as they couldn't get back to the mission without help. Cryptic eventually bowed to the will of this tiny minority (I doubt it was much more than 99% of the player base ) and put in teleporters to each zone and some vendors that sold jet packs.

Firebase Zulu, where you started your journey.
full

The Cascades - an awesome zone with huge, blood red falls. (They weren't water or blood - I think they were juice from the fruits?) You had to do a lot of vertical jumps to get to the top of this zone and on to the next one.
full

The Chantry - this one shows some Rularuu Watchers. Those floating eyes could blast you with a debuffing ray (very nasty against reflex based defenses) then fly over and BITE you! The Chantry itself is in the background and is home to about the only nice being in the entire Shadow Shard. The Rularuu like to take pot shots at it from all over the zone.
full

The Storm Palace - home of the crazy Lanaruu. Early in the game's life, the only way to get his was through all three of the previous zones. Somebody who knew their way around the geysers could get there from Firebase Zulu in under 10 minutes and to the Storm Palace itself in another 4.
full

These aren't my screenshots just two games i recently played and enjoyed the look of, I'm a sucker for these type of aesthetics

The Long Dark

Firewatch

These are just nice worlds to walk through, they might not be the most graphically advanced games but they are still very beautiful.

I have one The Long Dark Screenshot, taken on day 29 before I got killed by a bear.

Zloth

Community Contributor
@MadeManG74 i'm currently playing Yakuza 0, it is a great looking game.
It's also REALLY fun! It's not every game where some random person will beg you to give him your pants.

Let's do some Divinity 2 from Larian Studios. All the shots were 3D but I don't think many folks can see those so I split them.

full

full

full

One of my favorite characters, Bellegar
full

What's so janky about it?? Maybe that early tavern song?

I played it very early on, so maybe I'm remembering more general bugginess and awkward animations. The screens you're showing us look a decade removed from the game I remember. I liked what I played, but the little obstacles led to me bouncing off the game at the time. I always intended to go back to it some day, but at this rate it'll be after retirement.

TRENDING THREADS