Basic questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 12, 2022
Visit site
Do most people buy games or download free games; and do games, whether free or purchased, come with detailed instructions on how to play the game? How do you learn a game with no instructions?

What's the best way to store games - on your computer, a thumb drive, or a bigger storage drive that holds maybe 4 terabytes?

Is it recommended to have anti-virus software installed on your computer? I have Norton but it's expired.

TIA

Reactions: ZedClampet
Welcome to the forum :)

Is it recommended to have anti-virus software installed on your computer?
If you have Windows 10 or 11, you should be fine with the built-in Windows Defender—assuming you don't do anything stupid like downloading from dodgy sources.

do games … come with detailed instructions on how to play the game? How do you learn a game with no instructions?
Some of the more complex games have tutorials and/or extensive in-game help. Most games however do not have much beyond some 'tutorial' missions early on. You learn by repeated playing, or by watching 'Let's Play' videos online, or reading articles on sites like PCG, or by posting looking for advice on forums like this one, or by watching family or friends, or…

I do a bit of both. I buy games usually on sale or in bundles, I'll download and play free games like League of Legends and I'll also look for games that are free for a limited time like on Steam, Epic or GoG.

As for storing I use a mix now. Games that are a little more demanding, like Call of Duty, Cyber Punk, Darktide, Battlefield, I'll stick on a NVMe drive. If it's something like like Fortnite, Fallout 4 or Vermintide 2 I'd put them on a SSD *maybe the NVMe depending on my space*, older or less demanding games like CS, League of Legends, Skyrim or older games I'd toss on a normal harddrive.

Having a bigger hard drive is nice. I wish I had a 4 tb. I got a 500 gb NVMe, a 1tb and 2 tb sata drive.

1.- Most of my games are paid, whether out right, on sale or thru a subscription. I do play free games if im interested, i also claim as many free games as i can too from different launchers like Epic, Steam, GOG etc.

2.- I learn about a game through watching videos and applying basic experience of games similar in that genre to the new one im playing
3.- 100% best way is right on the pc or an nvme to be more exact

4.- You don't need to have anti-virus software

5.- Welcome to the forum! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS