With visuals a lot of it ends up being pretty subjective. Some things bother people more than others. For example, people have mentioned ghosting problems with DLSS in some games but I basically don't perceive it whatsoever. Conversely, aliasing and artifacts like shimmering are extremely noticeable to me and drive me crazy. Anti-aliasing would probably be the very last setting I would ever turn down in a game. However, it's worth noting that I've never gamed at 4k before (I have a 1440p monitor) so I can't really comment on the difference in aliasing at that resolution (or higher).

With visuals a lot of it ends up being pretty subjective. Some things bother people more than others. For example, people have mentioned ghosting problems with DLSS in some games but I basically don't perceive it whatsoever. Conversely, aliasing and artifacts like shimmering are extremely noticeable to me and drive me crazy. Anti-aliasing would probably be the very last setting I would ever turn down in a game. However, it's worth noting that I've never gamed at 4k before (I have a 1440p monitor) so I can't really comment on the difference in aliasing at that resolution (or higher).
DLSS often heavily depend on how it is implemented aswell. Warthunder for example has a horribly horrible DLSS implementation, especially when you are in the air and see another plane far off.

Zloth

Community Contributor
However, it's worth noting that I've never gamed at 4k before (I have a 1440p monitor) so I can't really comment on the difference in aliasing at that resolution (or higher).
Easy enough to do. Find a game you can play with a controller and move your chair, what? 50% further away? POOF! Your monitor is smaller, but it now looks like one that's at 4K resolution.

May 11, 2022
Visit site
Half the time when I watch LTT videos and they compare DLSS settings side by side I can't even tell the difference unless it's extremely noticeable. These comparos are all antialiased anyway so my take is if it's on, it's good enough for me. When DLSS is available I put it on quality, if not I crank AA up.

I game in 1080p as well so 1920x1080 the jaggies are noticeable in most games. Like in snowrunner the power lines look like armies of flying saucers dancing across the sky. Now that I have plenty of headroom on a 3070ti in 1080 I crank AA up.

TRENDING THREADS