Autistic son needs advice please

Dec 16, 2021
Visit site
I am Autistic also

Yesterday his motherboard packed up.

Asus ROG Maximus VII Formula Motherboard

We are unable to buy a new computer BUT the rest is fine, however ANY advice on where to get a replacement would be much appreciated.

As an Autistic father with only Carers Allowance I can not afford a new board + ram + Processor etc, just need a replacement motherboard for the processor and DDR3 4x8GB

And I can not afford to take a chance on my Carers Allowance on used Ebay

I have no idea what to do.

His whole life is his computer

Thank you

Dec 16, 2021
Visit site
Have you looked on Amazon UK for Z97 motherboards?

THANK YOU

I have FOUND them, and am now watching 2, they are not as OTT price wise as I thought, can I ask pl;ease

Says Z97X would this take DDR3 ram

Many thanks appreciated

Sorry to hear that the motherboard conked out. The board you've narrowed down to is a good deal for a board like that! :) I'd look into other board but they're listed higher in price or they are in bad shape(water damage or badly maintained).

Just for the sake of this discussion, if you don't have a K suffix i7 processor and you don't have rams that are advertised to run beyond DDR3-1600MHz then you need not look at a Z series motherboard, you could get by with a lower tier/chipset motherboard like the B85 or an H97 chipsetted board.

Last edited:
Dec 16, 2021
Visit site
I can't thank you enough

I posted on another forum, and been called a SCAMMER, fake, conman. I am not, my disabili6ty has been challenged.

I am a single father of THREE autistic sons Stephen lives at home, raised since their mother walked out 15 years ago.

So MY HONEST AND SINCERE APPRECIATION.

Dec 16, 2021
Visit site
The ram is Corsair Vengeance CMY16GX3M2A2133C11R

My father died 5 years ago my son was left money to buy himself a gaming setup, in his will, my son only has his computer, his whole life is gaming

Thank you again

Dec 16, 2021
Visit site
Seller said (my sons Maximus V11)

Hi Jerrun,

GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-SLI rev. 1.0, LGA 1150, Intel Motherboard, M.2

No sorry I don't think it will work.

Your board supports 6th gen intel cpus's, whereas this board only supports 4th and 5th gen cpu's.

good luck with your search.

regards

Christmas looks bad now :( :(

The rams look like a nice kit to have back in the day. I have the same frequency kit but from Klevv for my APU build. It's settled then you're in need of a Z97 chipset, hands down!

Sorry to hear of the predicament you're in. Hope you and the family come out on top with your affairs! :)

Followup, have you tried and taking the board to a local repair shop to see if the board might just need a BIOS chip replacement?

Hi Nikonuser i am in england and have a person with a disability in my family so i know people like you can sometimes face an uphill struggle.

Whatever country your in i have the perfect solution to your problem , first of all its time for you to swallow your pride and ask for help.

This is how i would suggest you do it , search for a local radio station that has a listeners phone in.
Go on the program and explain you problem , its surprising how many good natured people their are out their and if you are really lucky you might have a local tech shop give you a extra xmas present.

I am fortunate to be able to afford what i want but i know people who have done what i am suggesting to you and got a good result.

NOTE TO MODERATORS .... I am not suggesting this guy goes begging but at times like this their are a lot of people more than willing to help.

Reactions: Brian Boru
Dec 16, 2021
Visit site
I want to thank you all, I posted on four forums, on one I was called a chancer, liar, sponger and yet I never asked for anything other than advice.

On the same forum I was also castigated for saying I am Autistic and my son.

Can I thank you all, if I know HOW to post an image I would post my Autism proof.

I think I have (after listening to all the advice (which by the way I printed off)) I have ordered this

MSI Z87-G43 INTEL SOCKET 1150 Z87 ATX MOTHERBOARD

Condition:
Used

Sold for:
£74.95

From Ebay, RETURNS accepted.

SORRY I could not do as you say MJS Warlord, 1. Because being Autistic, I don''t have the ability to ask without feeling in the wrong and 2. I would feel guilty if I did.

Reactions: Brian Boru

TRENDING THREADS