Question Anybody else have issues with the last two Windows 10 updates?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 23, 2021
Visit site
First one caused issues with stuttering and crashes, this latest one with the little Weather/News widget was a complete fail. BSOD every 3 minutes or so. Had to restore to about two weeks ago.
What's up with Microsoft? :mad:

Reactions: phewdiepiefans
It's been fine for me since late 2016. I assume your PC is fairly decent spec?

I'm in version Home 20H2, what are you on?

I haven't tried any of MS's gadget offerings as I've run a bunch from 8 Gadget Pack for years without incident.
Had to restore to about two weeks ago
Good to hear you're doing regular disk images—I do one every month before MS's 2nd-Tuesday update. That saved my bacon a couple of times in 2016 when Win10 was still a bit flaky.

Apr 23, 2021
Visit site
It's been fine for me since late 2016. I assume your PC is fairly decent spec?

I'm in version Home 20H2, what are you on?

I haven't tried any of MS's gadget offerings as I've run a bunch from 8 Gadget Pack for years without incident.

Good to hear you're doing regular disk images—I do one every month before MS's 2nd-Tuesday update. That saved my bacon a couple of times in 2016 when Win10 was still a bit flaky.

I'm in version 21H1. I That's a version made for the Windows Insider program, which is the problem, I think.
My PC is an Intel I3 at 3.7Ghz, 8 gigs RAM and a GTX 1070 video card. Great for 1080p games.
They said there may be issues when I clicked on the Insider thing. Guess they were right.
Thanks for the reply. (y)

They said there may be issues when I clicked on the Insider thing. Guess they were right.
A number of online mates in a tech forum I used to frequent kept their Insider adventures on a separate PC—too unfinished to risk their main production machine(s). I always avoided Insider as I only have one decent PC for work & play. I used to enjoy wrestling with the vagaries of hardware & software in the 90s, but not this century :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS