Question Any open world deck-building / CCG / TCG games

Feb 21, 2023
Visit site
Find myself again and again going back to play Shandalar in Magic The Gathering from 1997. Are there any other open world deck-building CCG / TCG games like that?
I'm not looking for games like homm3 where you can exactly define your lineup of creatures in every battle, but specifically a strategy game with the random aspect where you draw random creatures or spells and have to play and combine them depending on what you get.

gfdxmv58kua21.jpg

Zloth

Community Contributor
The Last Remnant has that random factor, but it isn't quite open world and it's only for sale in some nations on Square/Enix's store. It's getting pretty old, too, but at least it can beat 1997!

Death Drive is supposed to be open world and deck building, but I've never heard of it before searching:

I've played quite a few deck-building games, but I can't think of any that featured an open world.

Yu-Gi-Oh: The Sacred Cards lets you walk around, but besides grinding against weaker opponents there isn't much to do but to defeat each next story character.

Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories similarly lets you walk around but doesn't give you much freedom on where to go.

I can't really think of any other deck-building games where you can walk around at all.

Feb 21, 2023
Visit site
The Last Remnant has that random factor, but it isn't quite open world and it's only for sale in some nations on Square/Enix's store. It's getting pretty old, too, but at least it can beat 1997!

Death Drive is supposed to be open world and deck building, but I've never heard of it before searching:
I've played quite a few deck-building games, but I can't think of any that featured an open world.

Yu-Gi-Oh: The Sacred Cards lets you walk around, but besides grinding against weaker opponents there isn't much to do but to defeat each next story character.

Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories similarly lets you walk around but doesn't give you much freedom on where to go.

I can't really think of any other deck-building games where you can walk around at all.
Thanks, for replies. Btw, how do I like a post, there is no like button?
1.png

Reactions: Zloth and Pifanjr
there is no like button
Stick around, contribute to discussions, and there will be :)

This should explain it:

Reactions: Pifanjr

TRENDING THREADS