Question ALLTIME TOP 3 ANYONE????

Dec 21, 2022
Visit site
Hey! Just joined and looking to explore...
How about listing your alltime top 3 games and throwing in your reason backing them up?

Last edited:
Top 3 games. That's so tough. Left 4 Dead 2, maybe Oblivion *the other games are sick too*, and.... oh it's so tough. I'll go Summer Games. It was the game all us kids use to play getting together, my grade school had a commodore and we could bring games in..... well it was the only game we all played cause it was truly multiplayer.

I'll say though the top three can change any given day. So many damn good games over the years and that's not including mods.

Civilization 4—Beyond the Sword expansion
Fresh new game every time—set all on random;
Design the exact game you want to play—go thru Custom Game;
So many great mods;
JOMT—Just One More Turn.

Command and Conquer Generals—Zero Hour expansion
Most "realistic" and "serious" of the C&C franchise;
3 full distinct factions;
The exceptional General's Challenge mode.

Far Cry
Main highlight: my first Open World game—freedom!
Good jungle islands map, some good missions.

McStabStab

Community Contributor
1. Half-Life
Not only an incredible immersive sim shooter, but also my introduction to wide-scale modding and multiplayer game types.

2. Super Mario World
Countless hours on the SNES replaying levels to find secrets, replaying boss battles, and beating Bowser. What a classic.

3. Grand Theft Auto
The original showed us that imagination, clever mission writing, and pushing the envelope on violence and vulgarity could really be a ton of fun.

Even if the OP will never come back, it's a good discussion to have again. I was talking to my youngest son about my Top 10 list the other day. He said he thinks I have a lot more than 10 games in my Top 10 list. Lol. I told him that I'm at the point of gaming where I've learned to not make lists. I've learned to just enjoy my games. There are so many great games out there, it's getting a lot harder to order them. Like Zimbaly said, the list can change depending on what you're playing at the time.

But if I had to make a Top 3 list, it would probably look something like this:

1. Skyrim
2. Breath of the Wild
3. Wind Waker HD or possibly Fenyx Rising

But then when TES VI and Zelda Tears of the Kingdom come out, will they replace my #1 and #2? And honestly #1 and #2 are so close that I don't know which I like more.

Dec 23, 2022
Visit site
Impossible question , and far to ambigous to answer. One would need to divide by genre, generation, and platform, possibly even further.

I have perhaps 20,000 video games. Choose 3? Not likely. Even as I make this list I know there are tons of games I am forgetting.

Here is an example of what my list might look like after 100 hours of sorting and remembering:

--------------------------------------
1980's
Action
-------------------
Commodore 64: Raid over Moscow
Arcade: Mortal Kombat

Scroller/Crawler/RPG
-------------------
Atari: Asteroids
Nintendo: Super Mario Bros, legend of zelda (sega or nintendo? dont recall)
PC: Bards Tale, Leisure Suit Larry
Sega: Sonic, Castlevania III
Arcade:Gauntlet, Golden Axe

Simulation
-------------------
PC: Sim City, MS Flight Simulator

Adventure
-------------------
PC:Kings Quest

Puzzle
-------------------
PC:Tetris, Free Cell

1990's
3D
-------------------
PC: Wolfenstein 3D, Duke nukem 3D (1996), Doom, Quake, Half-Life, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six, Thief, Unreal Tournament, System Shock 2, Tony Hawks Pro Skater, Twisted Metal

Puzzle
-------------------
PC:Tomb Raider (yes I suppose I consider this a puzzle game, its why I play anyway (aside from the polygon boobs of course:)), Myst

Simulation/Strategy
-------------------
PC: Civilization II, Fallout, Age of Empires 1&2, Starcraft

Scroller/Crawler/RPG
-------------------
PC: Diablo

2000's

3D
-------------------
PC: GTA III/IV, Bioshock, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, Fallout 3, GTA Vice City, Ghost Recon, Splinter Cell, Max Payne 2, Thief 2, Mafia, Doom 3

Scroller/Crawler/RPG
-------------------
PC: Dragon Age, Angry Birds

Puzzle
-------------------
PC: Portal

2010's

3D
-------------------
PC:Elder Scrolls V, Doom (2016), Fallout 4, Far Cry 3 Wolfenstein The New Order, Subnautica, Raft

Puzzle
-------------------
Manifold Garden

etc, etc, etc

I have perhaps 20,000 video games
Did I say welcome to the forum already? :)

20K huh. That's just …erm, what's the word?… oh yeah, that's just greedy!

I have maybe 1/10th of that, and consider myself seriously over-gamed. Mind you, I lost most of my 80s & 90s games via various PC changes plus lost interest, but that's a few hundred at most, probably 100-200. Got a few hundred on GOG in more recent times, but still…

So strategy, shooter, action & puzzle seem to be your main genres, yeah?

TRENDING THREADS