Question AIO troubleshooting

Jan 29, 2023
Visit site
Hi everyone,
I decided to start my journey modding the NZXT H1 V2 and I intended to put there a waterloop that comprehends both cpu and gpu.
To save some money I would like to keep just the water block of the current AIO and recycle it in the new waterloop but I wasn't able to find sure information about the metal used for the Built-in AIO. From the outside it is possible to se that the area that makes contact with the CPU is made out f copper but in the specs written on the NZXT website the material of the radiator is stated as alluminium.
Now... I know that mixing alluminium and copper/Nickel waterblocks in the same system is up to no good but I don't know if NZXT just forgot bout that or if this tabu does not apply with the Radiator and waterblock.
And then the final question
I would like to put in the same system:
- EK-Quantum Kinetic FLT 80 D-RGB - Plexi
- Hydro X Series XR5 360mm Water Cooling Radiator
- EKWB GPU Water Block RTX 3080
and then the NZXT H1 V2 waterblock

Can I?

Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Even if the block was made of copper, the restriction in the block would be your limitation to your cooling loop. There's a reason why custom watercooling channels/fin work are very different from that of an AIO's block. The flow rate as well as the lifespan of the cooler, not to mention the viscosity of the coolant are all accounted for when an AIO is in it's R&D phase. Simple answer, don't mix your custom level watercooling parts with an AIO's components, it's only going to bring nightmare's for you unless ofc you want to be a guinea pig.

You can visit our sister concern's site, Tom'sHardware to read through this guide;
to bring you up to speed with watercooling.

• Love
Reactions: Brian Boru

TRENDING THREADS