AGESA V2 1.2.0.7? (Dragon Age: Veilguard)

Jul 15, 2020
Visit site
Hi guys. I have an laptop purchased through Xotic PC, and am looking forward to Dragon Age: Veilguard, but am concerned about one of the requirements. One of the requirements is AGESA V2 1.2.0.7 for Windows 11 and AMD CPUs. I did a google search, and it seems to be something in the BIOS of the CPU or motherboard. I ran the msinfo32 command on Windows 11, and it said that my motherboard manufacturer is Xotic PC. Um, can someone help me with this? Do I need to update my BIOS? My laptop was purchased back in 2021. Here are the specs:

- Windows 11 64-bit OS
- AMD Ryzen 9 5900HX with Radeon Graphics 3.30 GHz
- 64 GB System RAM
- Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 with 16GB VRAM

Help greatly appreciated :)

I've not heard of this before, but Google suggests AMD AGESA is a motherboard firmware update of some kind.

So I think you need to dig a bit more to find the real motherboard manufacturer. Or the exact model of laptop your have, from which you can start to look for firmware updates.

games eexpecting certain BIOS versions is a step too far.

its a version from 2022 so you might have it now.

Looking at website, it appears their home brand laptops are actually from Clevo which might explain why their support page doesn't mention software. Right now most of their laptops are Asus or MSI.

they don't have your model on site now as everything is newest Gen.

do you have any model numbers I can work from?

search windows for System Information
take a screenshot and upload to imgur

It might show what your board is... I can go from there maybe
MreXyz0.jpeg

seems I have a beta bios, I didn't know that at time. Might need to update sometime... PC works fine so not in a rush.

Last edited:
Reactions: Brian Boru
Jul 15, 2020
Visit site
BIOS Info:

BIOS Version: N.1.21ELU06
BIOS Manufacturer: American Megatrends International, LLC.
BIOS Date: 06/22/2021

Motherboard Info:

Motherboard Model: XOTIC PC Inc. Gaming-GP17
Motherboard Chipset: AMD Promontory/Bixby FCH

GP17 doesn't help
the website they linked doesn't have your model.. surprised not
AMD Promontory = AMD Promontory architecture: I was surprised to learn that the Promontory chipset in one form or another supports A320, B350, X370, X399 (Yep, socket TR4), B450, X470, A520, B550 and now B650 or a pair for X670.
Sigh...
Bixby FCH - Fusion Control Hub - not helpful

You know, usually I get something.

Max 17 gave me this link

maybe you should contact them and ask about Max 17 with your CPU as it did exist. It is their advice on that page if your CPU isn't listed.

Last edited:
That sound like a requirement that's going to make an awful mess.
it would have been nice if the requirement page spelled it out.

Expect lots of people won't know what to do. Updating bios to run a game... its not something I would do unless I really wanted to play game. I guess in a way it is one of the two good reasons to update it - Get new features or fix a problem. Its a new feature or fix.

@Omega83 ask them for instructions. Updating bios isn't something you take lightly. Make sure its right file for your board.

Would be a good subject for an article... shame I can't wave down any writers.

Valorant's anti cheat needs secure boot on and for a long time didn't explain that changing the boot method of a PC without changing the format of the drive would lead to PC not booting at all. It does now, but it took a while. EA needs to do same for this game.

Jul 15, 2020
Visit site
Hi again guys. I have contacted both Xotic PC Support, as well as Eluktronics Support. I got an automated email back from Xotic though, said that they usually are able to respond within 1 business day. Hopefully hear something from Xotic on Monday. Not sure what Eluktronics will say, as I didn't order laptop directly from them. I did go to the Max 17 Driver page previously, as that is where Xotic PC pointed me to with a previous problem. Thing is, I don't see any BIOS or Firmware update on Eluktronic Max 17 driver page, am worried that my laptop is too old?

Update: I did another google search, and found some reddit posts saying that I have to get BIOS directly from Eluktronics. Does anyone here also have an Eluktronics brand laptop? Really could use more help with this issue :)

Last edited:
Thing is, I don't see any BIOS or Firmware update on Eluktronic Max 17 driver page, am worried that my laptop is too old?
I would contact their support and ask:

I expect they will have access to files associated with older models. Their page just isn't long enough to show everything. Its inadequate for the function.

They might email it to you in a zip file.

Could ask on their Reddit page: link
Could try their discord server - https://discord.gg/S3UgcWnPSS

Most makers of laptops don't take the websites down that support them at all. They might reduce the amount of info on page and put up warnings saying its old, but generally... a laptop that is less than 5 years old should have driver/bios support - even if they are old drivers.
AMD Ryzen 9 5900HX with Radeon Graphics 3.30 GHz
CPU is 4 years old. So at most the PC was made in 2021 (we can guess that based on bios date) and to me, that isn't old. Yes... there are newer AMD CPU since then but only one family so far. It is older than my CPU but AMD are still releasing AM4 CPU now, so its not like its an ancient technology.

My PC was made in 2020, I can access all my drivers still... so it shouldn't be the reason. My motherboard maker still releasing BIOS for it, so yours might be the same.

Last edited:
Jul 15, 2020
Visit site
Hi again guys. Earlier this year, I did ask Eluktronic Support about a Kernel Power issue I was having, and they said to update my BIOS and EC, and they provided me the files in e-mail message. Thing is, I have done a factory reset since then when I installed a new SSD, and I guess doing that restored the older BIOS and EC files? Anyway, I still have the updated BIOS and EC files on hand, but I don't know how "new" they are, and if they provide AGESA V2 1.2.0.7. Should I use those files, or wait till I hear back from Eluktronic Support? Further thoughts and help appreciated :)

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Hi again guys. Earlier this year, I did ask Eluktronic Support about a Kernel Power issue I was having, and they said to update my BIOS and EC, and they provided me the files in e-mail message. Thing is, I have done a factory reset since then when I installed a new SSD, and I guess doing that restored the older BIOS and EC files? Anyway, I still have the updated BIOS and EC files on hand, but I don't know how "new" they are, and if they provide AGESA V2 1.2.0.7. Should I use those files, or wait till I hear back from Eluktronic Support? Further thoughts and help appreciated :)
No, that doesn't change the BIOS version. Wait to hear if there is a more current version.

Jul 15, 2020
Visit site
games eexpecting certain BIOS versions is a step too far.

its a version from 2022 so you might have it now.

Looking at website, it appears their home brand laptops are actually from Clevo which might explain why their support page doesn't mention software. Right now most of their laptops are Asus or MSI.

they don't have your model on site now as everything is newest Gen.

do you have any model numbers I can work from?
How can I find out if my current BIOS has the required AGESA version? Should I try the BIOS files I have on hand when I emailed Eluktronic earlier this year about my Kernel Power issue? The BIOS I currently have installed is from 2021. Further help appreciated :)

It was released in June 2022, so you don't have it now.

Jul 15, 2020
Visit site
Is there any way to fix this issue without just going out and buying a new gaming laptop? I have yet to hear back from Eluktronics about a possible BIOS update. I hope to hear from them tomorrow, but worried that if there is a BIOS update, it might not have AGESA V2 or whatever it is. This is the first game I have heard of needing an BIOS or motherboard update. Is this the new norm, where games going forward need BIOS updates?

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Is there any way to fix this issue without just going out and buying a new gaming laptop? I have yet to hear back from Eluktronics about a possible BIOS update. I hope to hear from them tomorrow, but worried that if there is a BIOS update, it might not have AGESA V2 or whatever it is. This is the first game I have heard of needing an BIOS or motherboard update. Is this the new norm, where games going forward need BIOS updates?
Yes...by updating the BIOS. Give it a day or two to hear back. Surely these guys will contact you.

This is the first game I have heard of needing an BIOS or motherboard update. Is this the new norm, where games going forward need BIOS updates?
Valorant's anti cheat requires secure boot... which doesn't require a specific version of the BIOS but can mess people up if they aren't prepared for the change. It took them a few months for Epic to put up advice about what to do before that change.

This is not exactly the same. Dragon Age is first I can see needing specific AGESA

I see others are pointing out that this is going to cause so much fun for users
link - people confused in that thread , they think 1.2.0.C is before 1.2.0.7.
AMD just go to letters once they hit 10.

A PC Magazine website should do an article about it... Press should yell at them since it effects installing game.

Jul 15, 2020
Visit site
Hi again guys. I heard back from Eluktronic and they sent me updated BIOS and EC files, dated 2/23/2023. Now, how do I know if my laptop has the required AGESA or not?

BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends International, LLC. N.1.60ELU10, 2/23/2023

Further help appreciated :)

Last edited:
The bios version number doesn't show any results on Google.

the methods to identify AGESA I found just show my BIOS version.

Its hard to say as there isn't a list of when each BIOS update was released, and MB makers are slow to update their boards.

V2 1.2.0.7 was released in June 2022 and yet my board didn't get it until December 2022 as an update.
I see some mention of V2 1.2.0.8 being released in February 23 so you could have it. I don't have it as a choice on my board.
1.2.0.B didn't show up on my board until Mar 24
V2 1.2.0.C showed up in June 24

1.2.0.7 and 1.2.0.8 are mostly the same updates.

You could have asked Eluktronics what version it is.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS