Aftermarket GPU cooling

The Rajintek Morpheus doent look like it has a version officially compatible with 2000 series but the Arctic says it is.

Worth checking for yourself whether the cooler comes with thermal pads for the VRM's and VRAM I recommend installing them. They can still get toasty even if Nvidia doesnt include a sensor so you cant tell for sure.

If youre not averse to CLC water cooling theres the Kraken G12.

I used an older G10 with A Kraken X40 on my old GPu for a couple of years. Its louder at idle as you cannot turn off the pump but on the plus side it doesnt sound any different under load and temps are very low.

Again youll need to put thermal pads on the other components VRM and VRAM, NZXT didnt include any with the G10 so I guess the G12 doesnt include it either.

I'm sure youll find a tutorial in Youtube or elsewhere online for that.

You'd also need to buy a compatible CLC from NZXT, so that an extra expense.

Reactions: Oussebon
Feb 16, 2020
Visit site

The Rajintek Morpheus doent look like it has a version officially compatible with 2000 series but the Arctic says it is.

Worth checking for yourself whether the cooler comes with thermal pads for the VRM's and VRAM I recommend installing them. They can still get toasty even if Nvidia doesnt include a sensor so you cant tell for sure.

If youre not averse to CLC water cooling theres the Kraken G12.

I used an older G10 with A Kraken X40 on my old GPu for a couple of years. Its louder at idle as you cannot turn off the pump but on the plus side it doesnt sound any different under load and temps are very low.

Again youll need to put thermal pads on the other components VRM and VRAM, NZXT didnt include any with the G10 so I guess the G12 doesnt include it either.

I'm sure youll find a tutorial in Youtube or elsewhere online for that.

You'd also need to buy a compatible CLC from NZXT, so that an extra expense.
Thanks for looking out. I actually watched a guy install the g12 on a rtx 2070 non super reference card the other day. It looked pretty straight forward with some small modifications to the bracket and shroud. It was all total 72 bucks so pretty inexpensive. May go that route. Thanks again. I'm new here and I appreciate the help.

Reactions: Kaamos_Llama
No problem at all, I'm fairly sure those are your options, Corsair made a bracket too but I don't think it fits newer cards.

The other option is to build a custom water loop but thats something you do as an extra hobby IMO.

Someone else may yet chime in too, so wait a bit and see. Good luck!

TRENDING THREADS