Advice on monitor needed

Apr 22, 2020
Visit site
Hey everyone,

Ive a new PC on it's way and am looking for a good gaming monitor

Im hoping to get the MSI Optix G27C4 monitor, but was wondering if any of you know a better monitor thats 1440p for around the £300 mark or less.

the monitor must have a minimum of 144Hz & low response time and preferably 27"

Apr 13, 2020
Visit site
I also have two MSI Optix monitors, the MPG27CQ (140hz, 1 response time, 27" 1440p) and its 1080p equivalent. Just be aware that their monitors have some color banding issues in really dark scenes (slightly worse when seen in a dark room), and they are especially noticeable on the older models (such as the MPG) that have not been flashed with the latest update. They can be flashed still I believe, but in order to do so, you have to send it to MSI because it uses "specialized hardware".

That said, I'm beyond happy with my MSI monitors. Fast response time, satisfying colors and very, very deep (amazing) blacks. lol Plus, it comes with OSD software—which is optional, of course, but extremely convenient.

I don't think you will be disappointed with MSI at all unless you run out of luck and get a really bad unit, but you could also look at some other monitors first, such as AOC (AOC CQ27G2), ASUS (TUF Gaming VG27AQ ), Viewsonic (ViewSonic VX2758-2KP-MHD) and LG (LG 27GL850-B)*. There's also the Viotek GNV27DB.

*I've heard overwhelmingly positive things about this LG monitor, and that's probably why it is almost never in stock lol

Jun 5, 2020
Visit site
If you are looking to buy a monitor for gaming I will suggest getting BenQ XL2546 as many pro gamers still use the monitor. The monitor is great as it has a fast response rate.

TRENDING THREADS