A plea to webmaster

Nov 20, 2023
Visit site
Hi, I'm having a problem with my home ISP. Somewhere between my ISP and epic online services I'm having a connection problem. I'm starting to suspect Amazon Web Services, because I can't load certain websites, pcgamer being one of them. I can load it over cellular data,but not at home on wifi. Does pcgamer use AWS? Or somehow epic online services to host content? Any help would be appreciated, this is a tough nut to crack, but I've been trying really hard to figure it out...

Hi, I'm having a problem with my home ISP. Somewhere between my ISP and epic online services I'm having a connection problem. I'm starting to suspect Amazon Web Services, because I can't load certain websites, pcgamer being one of them. I can load it over cellular data,but not at home on wifi. Does pcgamer use AWS? Or somehow epic online services to host content? Any help would be appreciated, this is a tough nut to crack, but I've been trying really hard to figure it out...
Doesn't sound like an AWS problem. I'd do things like resetting your modem and router and checking your Internet connection at speedtest. Also, what browser are you using and is it up-to-date? If you connect your phone to wifi, can it still pull up these sites?

Reactions: Brian Boru and Alm
Nov 20, 2023
Visit site
Just to add some info, I have already determined this is not on my end, I have done everything stated above, including all basic network troubleshooting on my end, working with my ISP's support on their end, I've tried Google and cloudflare's DNS servers, and tried on multiple browsers and devices, it is a problem after my request goes out from my LAN, out past my ISP, I cannot get the correct response from the server itself, only while using my home internet connection.
*Edited for typo.

Nov 20, 2023
Visit site
Are you using a VPN/proxy service? Also, do you have any QOS or parental controls enabled on your router?

What does a TRACERT show when attempting to get to one of the sites in question?
I am not, and have tried going past the router directly from PC to the ONT(fiber modem) to epic games/pcgamer with the same results. Tracert shows multiple requests timed out when I get to the IP of an Amazon web service but some replies in between. I used wireshark to find 3 different aws's IPs that all seem to be causing issues when I try to connect to them. I have support tickets in with epic that have unanswered for 10 days, and just started a ticket with Amazons dev support today...

Nov 20, 2023
Visit site
What exactly should I do on tomshardware? I'm having this issue on multiple devices, everything from a PS5 to a high end pc, its a network based issue

Nov 20, 2023
Visit site
So here's an update. I can always get to tomshardware.com. when I tried responding to Amazon web service, it was "hanging" when I tried to reply, so I went to pcgamer.com to see if it works, it also would not load. But when I come here I think its cached so it loaded. Other sites like Google and reddit are working normally. There's got to be something hindering certain aspects of my internet but I don't know where exactly to look....

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts