Apr 9, 2021
Visit site
Hey!

I'm looking for a gaming PC build for around 1000-1500 EURO so that'd be around 1800 USD?
Not fond of RGB/Aesthetics, i just want a powerful pc that can run most games on high quality.
I live in the EU but i think most parts are available worldwide right?

So just think of pure power, thanks in advance :)

I think we need a temporary sticky post about the state of GPU prices..

Sorry to tell you that unless you want to massively overpay (double or more) for a mid range graphics card at the moment its not worth building anything serious.

Options I can think of are :

-Build an Intel rig and use the onboard graphics for now at a lowered resolution so you can at least play something. Add in a better GPU when the market recovers, maybe late this year, maybe next.

-AMD is also an option for this but the CPU's they produce which include integrated graphics are not as powerful processors as the Intel alternatives, although graphically they are a bit better. Still not brilliant, but functional.

-The final option is to pick up something like this with a mid range GPU and pay through the nose for the graphics card, the rest of your components are not as good as they should be at your budget be because you are paying 3x MSRP for a graphics card originally released 4 years ago, when for that money you should be getting a RTX3070.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor (€184.99 @ Caseking)
CPU Cooler: be quiet! Pure Rock 2 CPU Cooler (€39.70 @ Computeruniverse)
Motherboard: MSI B550-A PRO ATX AM4 Motherboard (€119.00 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Memory: Crucial Ballistix 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 Memory (€92.90 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Storage: Corsair MP510 960 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive (€122.80 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon RX 580 8 GB PULSE Video Card (€608.16 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Case: Phanteks Eclipse P300A Mesh ATX Mid Tower Case (€70.01 @ Alza)
Power Supply: Super Flower Leadex III Gold 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply (€131.04 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit (€108.66 @ Computeruniverse)
Total: €1477.26
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-04-10 19:18 CEST+0200

Sorry but there it is :(

Apr 9, 2021
Visit site
I think we need a temporary sticky post about the state of GPU prices..

Sorry to tell you that unless you want to massively overpay (double or more) for a mid range graphics card at the moment its not worth building anything serious.

Options I can think of are :

-Build an Intel rig and use the onboard graphics for now at a lowered resolution so you can at least play something. Add in a better GPU when the market recovers, maybe late this year, maybe next.

-AMD is also an option for this but the CPU's they produce which include integrated graphics are not as powerful processors as the Intel alternatives, although graphically they are a bit better. Still not brilliant, but functional.

-The final option is to pick up something like this with a mid range GPU and pay through the nose for the graphics card, the rest of your components are not as good as they should be at your budget be because you are paying 3x MSRP for a graphics card originally released 4 years ago, when for that money you should be getting a RTX3070.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor (€184.99 @ Caseking)
CPU Cooler: be quiet! Pure Rock 2 CPU Cooler (€39.70 @ Computeruniverse)
Motherboard: MSI B550-A PRO ATX AM4 Motherboard (€119.00 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Memory: Crucial Ballistix 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 Memory (€92.90 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Storage: Corsair MP510 960 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive (€122.80 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon RX 580 8 GB PULSE Video Card (€608.16 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Case: Phanteks Eclipse P300A Mesh ATX Mid Tower Case (€70.01 @ Alza)
Power Supply: Super Flower Leadex III Gold 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply (€131.04 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit (€108.66 @ Computeruniverse)
Total: €1477.26
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-04-10 19:18 CEST+0200

Sorry but there it is :(

Looking at this, this seems like a fine build that runs most existing games on mid to high quality (correct me if im wrong) nothing too overkill is needed and upgrades can always happen

Thanks a lot!

TRENDING THREADS