Question 90's game that should be remastered

Page 2 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
Jan 19, 2020
Visit site
Bad remasters suck for sure. But good ones… I spent some enjoyable weeks replaying the Command & Conquer Remaster released a year ago. It was superbly done, and a great pleasure to revisit after decades.
Another good remake, can't remember if it's from the 90s or not, is Turok 2. The original console hardware and cartridges limited some features the team wanted to include. In their remaster they added those feature, improved the graphics, and just made a better game while still keeping the feel and style of the original.

The Betrayal At Krondor series is one I'd like to see revisited. Honestly, I don't want them to remake the originals, but I would love to see a new entry set in Midkemia or the Riftwar Saga.

Recently i finished Crusader no remorse. Despite the limitations i had a lot of fun with it and i think it deserves a remaster/remake of sorts that has the arcadey shooty action intact.

failing that an xcom apocalypse remake/remaster. It had a lot of good ideas, but its aged poorly and i would love to play that with some QoL improvements.

Reactions: Mazer
Aug 10, 2021
Visit site
panzer dragoon saga is my biggest weakness from the 90s, i absolutely adore the game but i do think it needs remastering, the graphics are a bit to grainy, the waterfalls are a bit to untextured and the contrast can be confusing sometimes.
the characters coud be remastered-a bit more depth in their textures and colouring, the FMV coud definately do with remastering, however...... there is no known hard copy of the code available anymore which is so saddening if it is true as it means itd need a complete remake, a new graphics engine and storyline that wont match up,i dont think itd be right, assuming its true about PDSs code.

Zloth

Community Contributor
I would sure like to see Final Fantasy 6 and Xenogears. Both for the same reason: story. Maybe Wizardry 6/7/8 for the same reason (I only played 8, and not all of that).

I'm not hugely enthusiastic, though. Making a new game is really not an easy thing at all. Making a good story for one isn't the hardest part, is it? So why not make a new story? You don't have to worry about extremists getting mad because you made a character right handed that's supposed to be left handed. You can also snip and expanded as your own game dictates. You don't have to try and figure out whether you should repeat the original game's edits, either.

It can be nostalgic, though. The System Shock 2 remake is on my wish list, after all.

Reactions: mainer and Pifanjr

TRENDING THREADS