8GB (2XGB Dual Channel) OR 10 GB?

Oct 21, 2020
Visit site
Hi, I´m in a dilema, if should I go for 8GB (2x4GB) dual channel or 10GB (8GB+2GB) single channel, with my currently 4GB (2X2GB) can´t compile ionic projects in Visual Studio Code, and I also would like to play some games

Current Specs:
Laptop model: Samsung QX411-S01
i5-2410m processor (2.3GHz)
NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 525M with 1GB
4GB (2X2GB) 1333Mhz DDR3 SODIMM With only 2 slots
512 GB SSD

Thanks

May 21, 2020
Visit site
I'd prob stick to dual channel 2 x 4Gb. Dual channel really needs a matched pair to work well, and that will give more benefits than an extra 2Gb

Oct 21, 2020
Visit site
You both have a point, @YazzyK i just don´t know if it worth it, i meant if the games that ask for 16GB will be running with my 1GB Video Card

Zoid

Community Contributor
In some computing tasks dual-channel configurations can see a double-digit percentage increase in performance. For gaming though, in most cases, dual-channel memory doesn't really matter.

If games are you primary area of concern, I might go for the 10GB, although I think 8GB would also be fine given the performance level of the rest of your system. As for your other computing tasks, I'm not sure how much you would benefit.

Here's an article that goes into good detail about how different tasks benefit (or don't) from dual-channel RAM.

Reactions: Frindis
May 21, 2020
Visit site
He did specify in his first message about compilation ability and such, so the dual channel may make a difference as much as capacity

TRENDING THREADS