3070 LOD issues and GPU usage drops

Aug 20, 2022
Visit site
hello all, i need help
Specs: i have an Rtx 3070 Aorus Master ,ryzen 5 2600, 16 gb ram,nvme ssd,gigabyte aorus b450 and silverstone 750w gold

Problem: LOD issues/poor draw distance(all games) and GPU usage fluctuations followed by FPS drops(not in all games) - I see objects, small textures and shadows appearing while i move forward.. i can get in a range where if i make a step backwards it dissapears and a step forward it appears. And it can be happening super close or mid range.

Games tested: Rdr2(LOD issue), Spiderman remastered(Gpu usage drop,fps drop), Resident evil village(LOD issue), Conan exiles(Low Issue), Rogue company(LOD issue), Stray(Gpu usage drop issue), Metro Exodus(Gpu usage drop)

Tested solutions that dint work: Tried xmp at 2800 and 3000mhz(also tried different sticks of Ram, tried overclocking cpu to 4.1 Ghz, optimized Nvidia control panel towards performance and then towards Quality, Fresh Install Windows, Reset Bios to default, Reseated GPU and Ram, changed DP cable, Run games at Max quality then Max performance then optimized(none worked).

CPU bottleneck Issue - I know my CPU is not quite strong for a 3070 but im playing on 2K (native) or 4k resolution to minimize to bottleneck and i can reach full GPU usage..However i can still experience GPU Usage fluctuations in come games( when i look at a specific places for example like a road of crowded people)

I want to know a fix for this and to know if its GPU hardware related or maybe CPU too weak for 3070..
I was thinking that it might be the Motherboard not communicating data properly but idk.(Motherboard 3 yrs old and was used for mining)
Do you guys have any idea what might be causing it?

Aug 22, 2022
Visit site
CPU bottleneck Issue - I know my CPU is not quite strong for a 3070 but im playing on 2K (native) or 4k resolution to minimize to bottleneck and i can reach full GPU usage..However i can still experience GPU Usage fluctuations in come games( when i look at a specific places for example like a road of crowded people)

Wow, you've done a lot... But have you looked at the CPU load in the performance tab of Device Manager to see if it is maxing out as you think?

Hi

-Which exact motherboard do you have, B450 Aorus Pro, Elite, M ?
- Do the slowdowns happen in all games? If not what games are the worst?
-Are the games all installed on the NVME SSD?
- Is the RAM you have tried from matched kits, as in they came in the same packet together?
- If they are matched kits of RAM, are they on the QVL list for your motherboard? If you dont know how to check, please list the exact part numbers for them (for example CMN32GX4M2Z3200C16)
- Did you have a different GPU before that worked fine, or is system completely new to you?

Couple of things to try, clear CMOS again and run the RAM at bone stock without XMP at all. Update the motherboard BIOS to the latest version, and update motherboard chipset drivers to the latest from the Gigabyte website, test the games again and see if it helps.

With a little more information someone may come up with something else :)

Reactions: Brian Boru

TRENDING THREADS