10700K vs 3700x

Page 4 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 26, 2021
Visit site
Hi guys. So I'm planning to build a pc. So I'm gonna build it in July, towards the middle of the month in July. So I'm not gonna have money left until about a month later when I receive my paycheck. Will the stock cooler be fine for video editing and rendering at 4k+ some gaming and streaming at 1080p? I'm using the 4000d airflow case with 3 intake, 1 exhaust at the back. Thanks.

Reactions: Andin and Vergina
Hi guys. So I'm planning to build a pc. So I'm gonna build it in July, towards the middle of the month in July. So I'm not gonna have money left until about a month later when I receive my paycheck. Will the stock cooler be fine for video editing and rendering at 4k+ some gaming and streaming at 1080p? I'm using the 4000d airflow case with 3 intake, 1 exhaust at the back. Thanks.
Although the 10th gen cpu's don't run as hot as the 11th gens, I'd still want an aftermarket cpu cooler. You can get a decent one in the $40 range.

https://www.amazon.com/Gelid-Solutions-Phantom-Cooler-Case/dp/B076KYYSRW
Gelid Solutions Phantom CPU Cooler $36.99

https://www.amazon.com/DEEPCOOL-GAMMAXX-Cooler-Heatpipes-Anodized/dp/B08C2TJ4QZ/
DEEPCOOL GAMMAXX GTE V2 Black CPU Air Cooler $34.99

Last edited:
I'm torn between these processors. 10700F has 2 more cores, 11400 has better single core

That's about the size of it though. For gaming there wont be much difference, I'd be you wouldn't be able to tell if they were side by side all other things being equal. In theory the I7 should be more future proof having more cores, but by the time thats relevant its probably time to buy a new rig anyway.

The real difference will be in the rendering and streaming. From what little I know pro streamers are mostly using a separate PC with a capture card in it to take the load off of the main system. This suggests that the 10700 cores will help you more with streaming.

For rendering, what program(s) are you using? It should be fairly easy for you to Google 'Program X Intel I5/I7 11400F/10700 performance benchmarks'. Somewhere like Puget systems will have a test showing the relative performance in whatever you will be using I'm sure. My advice is to look at all you can find, not all tests have equally sound methodology but it should be obvious if most or all show similar results.

Alternatively you can ask over at somewhere like Toms Hardware forums, there might be people there with direct experience of the program you want to use. I cant speak to it directly as I dont stream or render video at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS