1 stick of RAM not working

Apr 25, 2023
Visit site
Hey! I just built a new PC today, all fun and games until I turned it on. I had power, but no output. After a bit of troubleshooting, I thought it must be a ram issue. I bought a 2x16gb ddr4 Team Group Delta RGB White 3600mHz dual channel. So I just took the second stick out, and then everything went smoothly. I installed windows and everything, and I remembered about the other stick. Tried running dual channel again, no boot. Tried the second stick in all slots, no boot. It seems to be a faulty stick, but it lights up and everything. When they are both connected, the rgb even syncs. They are brand new, just arrived today. I will try to do a bios update today. Any ideas?

Apr 13, 2023
Visit site
As you mentioned, updating the BIOS to the latest version could potentially resolve any compatibility issues between the RAM and the motherboard. Check compatibility: and Confirm that the Team Group Delta RGB White 3600MHz RAM is compatible with your motherboard in terms of speed, voltage, and capacity. Refer to the motherboard's manual or manufacturer's website for compatibility information.

Apr 25, 2023
Visit site
As you mentioned, updating the BIOS to the latest version could potentially resolve any compatibility issues between the RAM and the motherboard. Check compatibility: and Confirm that the Team Group Delta RGB White 3600MHz RAM is compatible with your motherboard in terms of speed, voltage, and capacity. Refer to the motherboard's manual or manufacturer's website for compatibility information.

Thanks for the info! I did check this beforehand however:( . This particular ram is in the qvl list, and the motherboard supports higher frequencies than 3600mHz. And since one of the sticks is working just fine, it doesn't indicate any compatibility issues with the motherboard (since they have the exact same specs and brand). Bios update didn't help either unfortunately.

Apr 15, 2023
Visit site
One of the sticks work fine. Do you mean the other one always failed even when boot by its own? If that is the case, then this RAM has problem. Otherwise, it could be the motherboard does not support the total capacity of 2x16GB of DDR4 3600MHz.

Reactions: Slasken
Apr 25, 2023
Visit site
One of the sticks work fine. Do you mean the other one always failed even when boot by its own? If that is the case, then this RAM has problem. Otherwise, it could be the motherboard does not support the total capacity of 2x16GB of DDR4 3600MHz.

Yep, exactly. The others stick fails the boot by itself on all slots. I talked to the store I bought it from, I will send it to be repaired but they ask for both sticks, and I don't have other ram to use:))))

Apr 25, 2023
Visit site
did you confirm the ram worked with motherboard before buying it? helps to look on the QVL for the motherboard

I haven't used this, but it looks like you can check ram against motherboards on the device tab - https://www.teamgroupinc.com/en/support/compatibility.php

This specific ram model is in the qvl of the motherboard, so it wouldn't be an issue. I think I just got very unlucky and one stick is bad from factory:)))

TRENDING THREADS