Your top 3 Asssassin's Creed games....

There's a video on PC Gamer's YouTube channel ranking all the Assassin's Creed games.

Their top 3 is:
1) Brotherhood
2) Black Flag
3) Syndicate (which they consider the last true Assassin's Creed game)

So what are your top 3? Mine are:

1) Black Flag
2) Unity
3) II

Unity gets a bad rap because it launched in such a terrible state, but Ubisoft fixed it and it was, in fact, a technical marvel. Paris was stunning and there were, at least apparently, tens of thousands of NPC's all going about their daily routines. Gone were the tailing quests from Black Flag (the one real problem with that game, per my estimate), and they even had seemless co-op.

I haven't played all the games. I need to try Brotherhood and Rogue.

Anyway, post your top three if you got them.

I think I'd have to go with Assassin's Creed II because that's where it really started for me, followed by Black Flag as that was exceptionally well done. An then I'd go with Origins because the series needed refreshing and that for me was a great change of direction.

My only annoyances with the series was after Desmond died, it kind of went all over the shop with the modern day story. I felt Watch Dogs could have been generated from this and merged the games into one mega series running side by side, historical storylines and the futuristic modern day approach.

1. Origin: Great visuals, good story/protagonists. A more believable world with NPCs actually doing something useful and cities looking more unique than in for example Odyssey. The combat also feels better than in Odessey, a bit faster-paced. They also did a great job with the colors, especially since there are so much different fields/flowers and such that really make the world come to life.
2. Odyssey: The best looking game in the series (not played Valhalla yet) and the water is one of the things I really loved. So beautiful! The mythology was interesting with a lot of historical authenticities, the guided tour was well done. I did not like that the NPCs felt less real than in Origins and that the main story got boring after a while. Combat is also good here, but a bit stiff and the bounty system was not as good as in Origins.
3. Black flag: While I did not play much of it back when it launched, I remember enjoying the whole pirate theme and found the naval combat to be quite excellent.

These are the ones I have played in the series.

Last edited:
From all the games i've played these are the 3 i liked the most:

Origins: feature/mechanics wise it was the turning point that elevated the series to the next level. The main pro is that you can climb practically where ever whenever. Older ones you were restricted by specific points. it was a more refined game and the season passes were surprisingly good.. odyessy /valhalla will probably blow origins out of the water, but right now, origins takes the top spot.

Blackflag: Whilst the ship mechanic came in AC3, it was sort of perfected the mechananic and it was strangely compelling. throw in some fresh locations and mix of mechanics it was good. Also the modern world stuff was compelling as i walk around the games studio and mess around.

AC2: the first game wasn't all that great, but it showed the potential of what the series could be possible. AC2 not only improved on the game, but added features to enrich it and made it really good.

Honorable mentions:

Rogue
unity
syndicate

You know, I've been really been wanting to give Black Flag another shot. I can't explain why, but it was a stuttery disaster on my computer the last time I tried it (despite having excellent hardware) so I ended up refunding it. I literally couldn't play it because it gave me motion sickness with how inconsistent the frame rate was.

Regardless, I would say my favorites are:

1.) ACII
2.) Unity
3.) Odyssey

I haven't played a decent number of the games (ACIII, Syndicate, Valhalla, and a couple others), and it has been a rather long time since I've played ACII, so whether it holds up or not for me is an open question. I was quite surprised by how much I like Unity, though. The setting is excellent, and is perhaps my favorite game world from the AC series. In terms of Odyssey, I think it's all-around a very strong game with a good story and great setting. Mind you, I think Odyssey (and Origins) really suffer from being way too large for really no good reason. I think the AC series could really benefit from trimming the fat and creating a more curated experience.

I've played some of several AC games, but the only one I played extensively was Black Flag, which I loved a lot.

I haven't played all the games. I need to try Brotherhood and Rogue.
I played a little of Rogue, and just couldn't get into it. I liked that it had the ship feature from Black Flag. But I just couldn't wrap my brain around playing as a Templar instead of an Assassin.

I played a little of Rogue, and just couldn't get into it. I liked that it had the ship feature from Black Flag. But I just couldn't wrap my brain around playing as a Templar instead of an Assassin.

personally the idea of more templar action appeals to me. part of the problem is how one sided the series is. So much so that the templars are saturday morning cartoon villain's and makes me wonder how they ever rose to take over the world, city etc with their actions. it was too simple and flawed. all the bad things are done by the templars! starrick in syndicate despite looking out for people was also a bad guy (lets forget how jacob almost brought the British economy to its knees after one assassination or how he gave rise to jack the ripper etc)

As others mentioned it should be a more balanced perspective to both arguments. The templars do something bad, the assassins clean up and when the assassin's morality decays the templars bring law and order back into the area and the cycle repeats.

But going back to rogue, playing as templar was quite refreshing and o'shay did look very cool in red and black. So much so in Assassins creed unity that was how i dressed arno as soon as i got the outfit. But that said compared to blackflags exotic locals and being a bigger game, it was easily the better one.

personally the idea of more templar action appeals to me. part of the problem is how one sided the series is. So much so that the templars are saturday morning cartoon villain's and makes me wonder how they ever rose to take over the world, city etc with their actions. it was too simple and flawed. all the bad things are done by the templars! starrick in syndicate despite looking out for people was also a bad guy (lets forget how jacob almost brought the British economy to its knees after one assassination or how he gave rise to jack the ripper etc)

As others mentioned it should be a more balanced perspective to both arguments. The templars do something bad, the assassins clean up and when the assassin's morality decays the templars bring law and order back into the area and the cycle repeats.

But going back to rogue, playing as templar was quite refreshing and o'shay did look very cool in red and black. So much so in Assassins creed unity that was how i dressed arno as soon as i got the outfit. But that said compared to blackflags exotic locals and being a bigger game, it was easily the better one.
I don't mind making the Templars be more formidable foes. But it's called Assassin's Creed, not Templars Creed. You should play as an assassin.

Reactions: Pifanjr
I don't mind making the Templars be more formidable foes. But it's called Assassin's Creed, not Templars Creed. You should play as an assassin.

Fair enough. But honestly i think I'm more hacked off by some dubious scripting/ character design rather then i suppose playing as templars. The biggest bug bear is how the templars somehow are always irredeemable, unrelatable villain's that somehow taken over everything and the assassins have wipes them out.

I would love to see some sort of phyric victories or tragedy. Like how assassinating all the templars the assassins do an equally awful job of running the show and it all falls a part. its probably i partly liked unity. The borders were blurred between templar/assassin and arno becomes disillusioned by the conflict between them.

Reactions: Brian Boru
I can't really separate the different Assassin's Creed games I've played in my mind, so it's hard to say which one I liked the most. I played all of them up to Rogue (without Unity, which apparently released on the same day?). I haven't gotten around to finishing Rogue yet as I have very limited time to game and Assassin's Creed doesn't really work for me as a game I only get to play occasionally.

I do think that the first Assassin's Creed's gameplay was better in some ways than the later games in the series. It felt to me that the crowd mechanics got dumbed down and I kind of liked the more freeform structure of the assassinations. I also really liked the modern part of the game more than when you played as an employee of Abstergo industries in later games.

TRENDING THREADS