Your Steam Year in Review

Page 2 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
How would you know if its right? How anal do you need to be to record your playing time through an entire year just to check if Steam aren't just making some of it up. I can't prove I played Grim Dawn 219 times.

The steam hardware survey results are incredibly suspect every month. I think only stats they can about is how much bank balance increases every month

bad mouth? random deaths should do trick.
Most of those stats, for instance anything to do with sales, are incredibly easy for Valve to track. Plus, they are just for fun, so I'm not sure why you would bother checking them. There are no prizes.

It's like you don't care

Hangs head in kitch shame.

we need to bring back characters that bad mouth you

I hadn't noticed 'em missing? Mind you, my paranoia pills ran out, so that might be it. Between you and me, I'm pretty sure that was deliberate, by bad actors unknown.

How would you know if its right?

I agree with the Gnome in funny hat—btw, do you guys pronounce that geh-nommy, or what?
But not to worry, some of the info looks pretty much in the ballpark—not a deal if some is skewy.

• Haha
Reactions: Zloth
3kC2eWk.png

You'll just have to trust its me.

Seems like way longer in the past I was playing Dying Light 2 and Troubleshooter. Been a long year again.

Sep 17, 2023
Visit site
How would you know if its right? How anal do you need to be to record your playing time through an entire year just to check if Steam aren't just making some of it up. I can't prove I played Grim Dawn 219 times.

The steam hardware survey results are incredibly suspect every month. I think only stats they can about is how much bank balance increases every month

bad mouth? random deaths should do trick.
Um, I don’t know, my statistics seem to be true, it’s just that we already spend a lot more time playing games than we think.

Zloth

Community Contributor
I'm pretty sure Valve wants the stats to be true. With the exception of the "streak" stat, they all seem like things Valve would be interested in knowing, or interested in telling game publishers about so the publishers can better understand who's playing their games and how. Whether they did them correctly or not is another matter.

Wow @Sarafan - RPGs take the top 5!

So my steam "year in review" is very inaccurate to the amount of gaming ive done. This year has kept me off of steam more than usual, the majority of it going downhill with Diablo 4, which was only on blizzard (not buying the steam edition either, it should be free for purchased bnet users imo).

When playing Steam, i went head first into Counter Strike 2 (i get these Counter Strike urges to play every once in a while, and it came at a lul in Diablo 4 content and Destiny 2 just being too boring to me to play).

For most of my other gaming, outside of the battlenet app, i use GOG for a bunch of older games i play, Gamepass usage for Starfield and 2 or 3 others, and a good amount playing offline, not through steam. Even my longest log in (61 days) is the least its been in years.

In the second image, it shows i played MK11. I played it for all of like 10 minutes. Everything else was due to be a new release and/or new content.

niwjC8J.png

OWa1Pxl.png

This steam chart is pretty accurate. Since i feel like im the resident Destiny 2 player, i felt compelled to show just how much i dropped this game when better and just overall more interesting games started coming out (starting with Diablo 4 back in june/july). Its a huge sign to me being a clan leader and all (that still has roughly 10-15 players active daily weirdly enough).

MqCIQb7.png

And, just a funny pic showing how much i spent playing Diablo 4 in november when they had a free week going on lol (100% playtime for that month).

68oFwyw.png

Grim Dawn makes up most of it. New expansion... might happen again :)

Will 100% be there for that. Thats when i go back, i went back for the last exp. I played a little bit of the new update, love it, but just too much other stuff atm for me to go back like you lol.

very inaccurate to the amount of gaming ive done

Well that applies to all but the Steamers here :D

None of my BigFish gaming is there, all my Far Cry 6 is missing, some other small stuff from Ubi, Epic and EA. Then there's GOG… lots of short 'dip ins' there, and of course Crysis & Warhead.

So yeah, this info is mostly for those who can't see thru the steam to the big open world beyond :D

The only non Steam game I played this year was Diablo 4. For about a month or so... maybe more. I haven't been back since August.

Maybe one day I will actually play one of the games I downloaded on Game pass.

It would require your participation to create a way to aggregate all hours played. You would likely need to run some app on PC so it can collect the time played and other stats. That is main way Steam can do it. So its possible to do, I just don't know if any such program exists.

Someone I know is looking into programs that can track your usage of programs. If we learn anything, we will post here.

Last edited:
Got curious with all the talk here and looked at my spend, none of this data includes GoG, which should be pretty minimal:

Bought roughly 36 games this year on Steam

I played 52% of them (Played meaning, more than a couple of hours)

My total spend for the year was $420

Kind of makes me think maybe I should go back and return what I just bought and play through a bit more of the stuff I did pick-up.

Here's my breakdown. It's missing the bottom 3 games that I just bought yesterday, which I didn't include in my percentage played since I haven't given myself enough time to try them yet:

Edit: Should say, my sheet got a little messed-up after sorting. Anything missing a price was bought together and things were grouped accordingly initially. Oops.

Sarafan

Community Contributor
It would require your participation to create a way to aggregate all hours played. You would likely need to run some app on PC so it can collect the time played and other stats. That is main way Steam can do it. So its possible to do, I just don't know if any such program exists.
Actually there is something like that. It's called Playnite: https://playnite.link/

Also GOG Galaxy had similar functionality in the past when the integrations were actually working...

TRENDING THREADS