Wordle-like Games—general discussion

Waffle

I like this once-a-day word game. 5x5 square, with 3 horizontal words and 3 vertical. All the letters are supplied in the grid, with the familiar coloring—green correct where they are, yellow elsewhere in that word, and white not in the right place.

Gameplay involves dragging and dropping the yellows and whites, to end up with 6 whole words. Game allows you 15 moves, and says every grid can be solved with 10 moves—you get 5 stars for 10 moves, 4 for 11, etc.

In my first shot below, it took me 12 so I got 3 stars—3 goldies in the grid, and 3/5 in the title line. Give it a shot, it's pretty quick.

#waffle61 3/5

🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩⭐🟩⬜🟩
🟩🟩⭐🟩🟩
🟩⬜🟩⭐🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

🔥 streak: 1
wafflegame.net

Squareword

Hmm, I'll give this once-a-day word game a few more goes, I'm not sure if I like it yet. It's a nice design, interesting, but the mechanics weren't/aren't clear to me—I think I have 'em now, but of course please correct me if not.

5x5 grid, but this time 10 words to make—not obvious to me the verticals had to also be words, but they do.

You guess a word up top in a non-grid row, and it fills in any letters which are in the correct place for the horizontal words in the grid—ie the greens—while no clue is given for the vertical words' letters. In a non-grid column on the right side, you get the letters for each horizontal word which are in the wrong place—ie the yellows.

Each word you guess up top is 'applied' to each of the 5 horizontal words in the grid. You get max 15 guesses.

I know this probably sounds confusing, just go give it a shot—it'll come clearer quickly.

squareword.org 51: 9 guesses

🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟨🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟨🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟨🟨🟩🟨🟩

<6:🟩 <11:🟨 <16:🟧 more:🟥

Took me 9 guesses. The diagram shows green for letters I guessed right in 5 or fewer, and yellow for 6-9.

Ooh, competition for the existing mega thread:

Not my cuppa either.

Absurdle

Probably not one for a thread, as you can play as often as you like and there are no ID numbers on each puzzle.

Absurdle 6/∞

🟨⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
⬜🟨🟨⬜🟩
⬜⬜🟨🟩🟩
⬜🟩⬜🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

The ∞ in my score means infinity—so you get as many guesses as you want, game says 4 is the lowest possible.

The catch is that the game plays against you, changing the target word if necessary, to reveal as little info as possible. That's just mean, right?

I can see myself popping back to this occasionally—eg my second try:

Absurdle 6/∞
🟨⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
🟨🟨⬜⬜⬜
🟨⬜🟨🟨⬜
⬜🟩🟨⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
Just for interest, I tried the same 2 opening words, and got the same 2 yellows. So then I tried the answer to #1 in L3, but the game diverged.
Still, the kind of boss fight I can handle :D

Reactions: Pifanjr
Hello Wordl

Same as Wordle, but you can change the number of letters. I tried with 6:
hello wordl 2/6
🟨⬛🟨🟨🟩⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
A 2-liner! Is that a fluke, or is 6 easier than 5? I'm fairly sure the URL above is to my specific game—if you play it, my answer was DIALOG

There's also a link to a daily game on the page, so again I go with 6—this link should get you the same one:
hello wordl 4/6
⬛⬛⬛🟩🟨🟨
⬛🟩🟨🟩⬛⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩⬛⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
Bummer, first was indeed a fluke :D

Okay, last shot at an 11-letter monster, the largest allowed [4 is smallest]!
hello wordl 4/6
⬛⬛⬛🟩🟩🟨🟨🟨🟨⬛⬛
🟨⬛⬛🟩🟩🟨⬛🟨🟨🟨🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩⬛🟩⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
Ok this doesn't work, I had to go to the dictionary AND get lucky—also took ~20 minutes which is way too long for me.

Nice variation, should work in the 6-7 range I guess.

#waffle63 5/5
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩⭐🟩⭐🟩
🟩🟩⭐🟩🟩
🟩⭐🟩⭐🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
Woohoo, that's a top score.

squareword.org 53: 7 guesses
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟨🟨🟩🟨🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟨🟨🟨🟩🟨
That's probably a good score, since I assume 5 is top.

#waffle64 5/5
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩⭐🟩⭐🟩
🟩🟩⭐🟩🟩
🟩⭐🟩⭐🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
wafflegame.net

squareword.org 54: 8 guesses
🟨🟩🟨🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩