Solved wireless headset disconnecting and reconnecting

Feb 18, 2021
Visit site
hello
so about a year ago i built my own pc if the specs would help get an answer to this question here they are
mobo: asus b550-f gaming
graphics card: asus 2080 super
ram: 64 gb of coarsair vengeance rgb pro
ssd: samsung 970 evo
processor: ryzen 9 3900x
the case doesnt really matter i wouldnt think and the power supply doesnt really either.
so for the longest time ive been using a wired headset but the wire is really annoying, not only does it get in the way but it also tangles like crazy pretty much no matter what i do unless i hold it the entire time im using the headset. so i decided to go on amazon and get a SteelSeries arctis 1 wireless. when i plugged it in it was working fine at first but i noticed it was a little staticky. it then started to disconnect and reconnect over and over again to the point where it wasn't usable. at first i thought this was a problem with the headset so i went back to amazon returned it and bought a razer nari ultimate. it ended up doing the same thing. so it is a problem with the pc. ive already tried plugging it into different usb ports, contacting microsoft they just told me to restart my computer and try a different port, ive searched everywhereonline just cant find anything. please let me know if there is anything you know of that i can do, and thanks.

Probably no help to you, but for what it's worth:

My low-grade wireless Logitech headset occasionally disconnects—maybe once a week or so. I have my dongle in a powered USB hub, so I just switch off the port it's in and switch it on again a couple of seconds later—that always makes the connection.

Are there any drivers for your headset? If so, check the manufacturer's site for the latest.

Have you any other USB peripherals plugged in, which might interfere with the headset signal?

Did you go thru a "pairing" routine for it? I recall I had to do that to 'pair' the headset with the dongle.

Fyi, USB ports on the back of your PC are usually better—more robust, more reliable—than the front ports.
the power supply doesnt really either
You are very probably right, but just for interest, what wattage is it? I don't know if a borderline just-powerful-enough PSU would cause this kind of problem…

Feb 18, 2021
Visit site
Probably no help to you, but for what it's worth:

My low-grade wireless Logitech headset occasionally disconnects—maybe once a week or so. I have my dongle in a powered USB hub, so I just switch off the port it's in and switch it on again a couple of seconds later—that always makes the connection.

Are there any drivers for your headset? If so, check the manufacturer's site for the latest.

Have you any other USB peripherals plugged in, which might interfere with the headset signal?

Did you go thru a "pairing" routine for it? I recall I had to do that to 'pair' the headset with the dongle.

Fyi, USB ports on the back of your PC are usually better—more robust, more reliable—than the front ports.

You are very probably right, but just for interest, what wattage is it? I don't know if a borderline just-powerful-enough PSU would cause this kind of problem…
So I actually ended up fixing it. My elgato stream deck was interfering with the signal. But thanks so much anyway

Reactions: Brian Boru

TRENDING THREADS