Question Windows freezing

Oct 24, 2021
Visit site
When I turn on my PC it loads to the login screen and then freezes. I have to then power down my PC and restart it and it loads properly. But when I login I have to unplug my mouse and plug it back in for it to work. Exact same thing happens if my computer goes to sleep, I have to power down and restart it

We need more info to help you. Please follow these instructions:

When I turn on my PC it loads to the login screen and then freezes. I have to then power down my PC and restart it and it loads properly. But when I login I have to unplug my mouse and plug it back in for it to work. Exact same thing happens if my computer goes to sleep, I have to power down and restart it
Sounds to me like you have a driver problem. If it works fine after a restart, it can be bypassed by turning off fast startup (I am assuming its windows 10)
I had hoped it was removed from win 11 but its still there.

Now sleep is also a sign its a driver.
Specs of pc can help.

If you want help finding old drivers
Can you download and run Driverview - http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/driverview.html

All it does is looks at drivers installed; it won't install any (this is intentional as 3rd party driver updaters often get it wrong)

When you run it, go into view tab and set it to hide all Microsoft drivers, will make list shorter.

Now its up to you, you can look through the drivers and try to find old drivers, or you can take a screenshot from (and including)Driver name to (and including)Creation date.

upload it to an image sharing website and show link here

All I would do is look at driver versions (or dates if you lucky to have any) to see what might have newer versions.

I may be slow to reply as I am distracted right now

TRENDING THREADS