Giveaway Win an EPOS | SENNHEISER GSP 370 headset in our SpecialEffect Awareness Campaign

Page 28 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 15, 2020
Visit site
You are truly wonderful people. Giving hope and enjoyment to people with different possibilities is something admirable, and everyone on the gaming industry should aim to be as inclusive as you are. Keep up the amazing work!

Sep 12, 2020
Visit site
It'd be cool is there was some kind of headset (maybe styled as a crown or circlet) that could read someones thoughts and control a character like that. I mean thats how the nervous system controls our limbs - thoughts make the fingers move how we want them to to control a gamepad or keys on a keyboard.

Like yeah I know my idea is scifi fantasy ahah but it'd still be cool and would allow those who are paralysed or who dontt have fine motor control to still participate in a massive community and form of media/storytelling

Sep 23, 2020
Visit site
As someone who is disabled I am grateful. That there’s finally a charity for gamers with disabilities. Gaming has got me through a lot of dark times. I suffer from a deep depression at times. I realized how much gaming helped me after my PC was destroyed in a flood at home. When I lost my ability to play games. My depression got so bad, my family was very worried. My brother ended up lending me his sons Xbox to give me something to do, for now.. After playing for a few days. I realized I felt much better and was happier. I know how important it is for the disabled to be able to play. Physically and mentally.
It’d be cool if SpecialEffect could make controllers for the feet. For people who don’t have use of their arms. Or maybe a gaming chair specially made for people with disabilities. Or a gaming system for children, toddlers and up, with disabilities. With special equipment they could use to play. It’d be a fun way for them to learn, and want to learn.

Feb 5, 2020
Visit site
This have to be more known arround the globe. This needs to be seen everywere and more companies have to help whit this kind of inclusion. This really helps the keed that have some condition to feel more independent and more happy. This even open a door for them to start (maybe in a future not that far away) taking places in competitions and starting esports so they can be part of them.
Sorry for my mistakes, but im not an english native speaker and im trying my best:sweatsmile:

What product to work on next...more on what to work on next, i'd start by getting in touch with major peripheral companies like HyperX, Corsair, Razer, Logitech etc. and with their help, develop tools for everyone to use (as the majority of people are using one of those, maybe they'd want to be part of it as well).

Sep 25, 2020
Visit site
This is great. I've got a friend with two autistic kids and they've really been able to integrate better in school thanks to video games and the controlled learning environment they offer. She started them on games like Mass Effect and Deus Ex and they really showed a lot of improvement with conversation choices, which seems to have carried over to their school lives.

Aug 31, 2020
Visit site
What an awesome charity! I would like to see SpecialEffect develop something like a haptic headband for deaf people so that they can still get durectional audio feedback in games (like when enemies make a noise or the player gets hit)..

Sep 25, 2020
Visit site
I'd like to see some video games developed that help train social skills in autistic kids, since video games have been shown to be an excellent teaching tool.

Sep 17, 2020
Visit site
I think a customizable device depending on the preferred/possible direction of physical movement for a particular limb could be a good idea, that way you're catering for more people with one device or less devices. I think it's pretty neat what SpecialEffect have come up with so far.

Aug 5, 2020
Visit site
I wonder if SpecialEffect has or could develop a product for those with hand tremors for games that require precision capabilities, but worry it could be seen as a crutch for non-challenged individuals.

Sep 25, 2020
Visit site
Single "arm" Controllers which don't need to be hold by a Hand. Can mimic Mouse movement or an analog Stick.
Eye Tracking with the possibility to define eye actions being mapped to a mouse or Key button.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS