Giveaway Win an EPOS | SENNHEISER GSP 370 headset in our SpecialEffect Awareness Campaign

Page 2 - Love gaming? Join the PC Gamer community to share that passion with gamers all around the world!
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 4, 2020
Visit site
I think this is a great initiative. People with disabilities deserve to be happy too and games make everyone happy. If by helping them play games we can make them smile even a little then that's money spent well.disability should not stand in the way of gaming

OsaX Nymloth

Community Contributor
Games are universal entertainment - it's so rich in different kind of genres, types of storytelling and mechanical demand (and multitude of control options) that they can appeal to anyone. So it makes sense that no matter who you are, you can enjoy some games in your life. Even when nothing else goes your way, playing allows you to "escape" the reality at least for a bit.

May 4, 2020
Visit site
It may seem trite, but my most lingering fear about the possibility of becoming disabled is how it would effect my ability to enjoy video games. It's such a simple thing that could change my life in such a profound way.

The joy of games is that, for many people, they remove the obstacles around living out an adventure. All I can say is that it's pretty awesome to see this last obstacle being removed from the lives of those who can't physically handle a standard controller.

Mad props to SpecialEffect for making this possible!

May 4, 2020
Visit site
Back then from right now, my advocacy is for the PWDs. It's a great initiative of SpecialEffect to do this. Everyone should experience gaming even you're disabled. I think that it would make them feel much more normal since they can probably play with other people, plus it would fun! I support this!!

May 5, 2020
Visit site
This kind of initiatives help a lot of people. People that didn't chosen to be genetically affected. I have two cousins with developmental delays, one of them is more serious than the other, but both of them deserve attentions. Everyone should take part on these kind of initiatives, not only for helping relatives, but for making our world a better place for everyone, excluding no one.

Reactions: tombeir and SWard
May 5, 2020
Visit site
Great name and initiative! In the years, I've seen some videos of handicapped gamers (RockyNoHands for example), and honestly, some of them are better gamers then I ever will be. I can have nothing other than respect for them!

Reactions: SWard

SWard

Supergirl
Staff member
I'm hard of hearing, so giving away headsets to help people with physical disabilities is kind of ironic to me, but I guess they mean more serious disabilities.

The headsets were donated to the charity for giveaways by EPOS, it's a very kind and generous gesture.

If you're interested in how SpecialEffect work on different accessibility options they have an amazing blog: https://gameaccessblog.org.uk/?s=audio

Here's one of the pieces they link to:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PLc38fcMFcV_vvWOhMDriBlVocTZ8mKQzR&v=4NGe4dzlukc&feature=emb_title

Last edited:
May 5, 2020
Visit site
Such a great cause! I often go "what if" in my head and this is the topic that comes up often, I'm glad there's people out there working on solving that specific obstacle :)

May 5, 2020
Visit site
I think charities like SpecialEffect are really cool.
Accessibility is important, not only in the real world, but also in video games.
Anyone should be able to play what they want and it makes me really happy to see more games with accessibility options, even if I don't need to use them myself.

May 5, 2020
Visit site
Hi. Thanks for the extreme generosity PC Gamer, and Sennheiser friends.

With the disabled, I very much, intimately know their pain and have helped with experimentation, helped one be able to play (still to this day, occasionally now, coz' most games of this type have been finished and fully completed), at least the game with motion controls, like gaming with a Wii nunchuck and controller in a Star Wars rifle, that's long enough to be placed on his shoulder like a bazooka with the trigger, accessible enough to fire, with pillows for support for the right elbow (w/ the hospital bed half upright); for game sections that need button pushes, that's the only time, that's done for him (even sometimes egging the caregiver to do a co-op play with him).

And with my own Wii gun adapter, in co-op, it's always, truly a memorable experience to play House of the Dead & Resident Evil series, rail shooters. May there be many more rail shooters for, especially, VR (hopefully VR will be supported in Shenmue, the father of all 3D open world games, plus, Cyberpunk 2077 in VR as well) and may the big companies make more controllers like the Valve Index finger-tracking controller which is perfect for the disabled (for motion heavy games at least like Beat Saber).

It's also a great moral booster; increasing perseverance means, if it's not a sin, if it's not wrong, you got to try and experiment, and that the disabled can still play games, which also increases the virtue of hope. It also enhances ones creativity to solve life problems of others that they too, may once again experience the joy in gaming.

God bless, Revelation 21:4

Reactions: tombeir and SWard
May 5, 2020
Visit site
I am an avid supporter of charities that bring joy and positivity into the lives of the people who need it most. Gaming as a medium provides an wholly unique connection to the content and provides an amazing escape from lifes struggles. They have my full support

May 5, 2020
Visit site
I think this is a great initiative, there are people all around us with different disabilities, which need our help.

I'm glad to see technology being used to help people with physical disabilities by helping them to play video games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS